“Good but room for improvement”
Review of TJ's Restaurant

TJ's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 183 Restaurants in Paignton
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We pride ourselves on having a unique combination of menus; with our Tapas style menu consisting of over 25 smaller portion dishes that can be ordered individually as a starter or in multiples to provide a complete meal - a very social and interactive style of dining, promoting lively debate between couples, families or groups until a compromise is reached concluding everyones preferences. This runs alongside our 'Chefs One Plates Menu', vastly different in content, these main courses always including a succulent Steak. These frequently changing dishes focus on our chef's culinary and artistic skills creating thoughtfully flavoured and beautifully presented meals. Lovingly prepared to order, using, as often as possible locally sourced fresh seafood, meat and vegetables.
Paignton
“Good but room for improvement”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I visited last week for our anniversary, overall very good and we will probably return but there is room for improvement.
We wanted to eat tapas and ordered a couple of dishes as starters and some more as 'mains' this was made clear on ordering and the 2 dishes we ordered as starters duly arrived. We were thoroughly enjoying them when low and behold the staff arrived with our main course and started rearranging the table to make room for the dishes. Now call me old fashioned but I like to finish my starters before the mains arrive, as the food was all hot we (probably wrongly) said nothing and carried on with what had turned from an enjoyable evening into some form of speed eating.
I should have sent the mains back as we clearly weren't ready for them but then they would probably have spoiled. The rump steak dish was not the best, the largest strip being chewy and unedible.
Having said that the rest of the meal was very enjoyable and of good quality. We probably will return but if the service is rushed next time I will certainly speak up. As it was what was meant to be a leisurely evening was all over within an hour of entering which is why I have only given an average rating, it should and could be much better

Hayle, United Kingdom
“What a find!!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Where to start!
Thanks to Trip Advisor for alerting myself and my partner to this wonderful place.
We ordered from the tapas menu which was extensive as well as cooked to perfection!
Unfortunately; I am not able to remember all of what we ordered, but I do remember the fish being fresh and cooked wonderfully as well as the meat!
The service was excellent. They catered to our every need with a smile.
I would recommend this lovely place to everyone!

“What a gem”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely meal last night, tapas were so tasty and the desserts were great. Nice atmosphere and great service. 10 out of 10!

• Visited October 2013
“Deserves it's high rating, great food, superb location, great welcome & staff.”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I remember this place when it was a cafe upstairs and the Goodrington Aquarium downstairs! It was nice and quaint then (1970's....), it's great now.

Some might consider it expensive, we thought for the location, friendliness and moreover the food, it was good value for money. Three of us, 11 tapas dishes, 1 bottle of wine, drinks, 1 desert to share (too full for one each...), £97 or there abouts. Great variety of tapas, excellent 'normal' menu too, would recommend without hesitation. Only word of caution, out of season it's not open every night (as of October, only open Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat. Best to book, we went on a Thursday in October (week before half term).

Really good.

Ian and Janet.

Visited October 2013
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Wish we lived nearer!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Beautiful setting , fantastic welcome and service, amazing food.
Thank you for making us so welcome hope that we can return one day.

Visited October 2013