“Xmas Eve meal with my young son :)”
Review of TJ's Restaurant

TJ's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 182 Restaurants in Paignton
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We pride ourselves on having a unique combination of menus; with our Tapas style menu consisting of over 25 smaller portion dishes that can be ordered individually as a starter or in multiples to provide a complete meal - a very social and interactive style of dining, promoting lively debate between couples, families or groups until a compromise is reached concluding everyones preferences. This runs alongside our 'Chefs One Plates Menu', vastly different in content, these main courses always including a succulent Steak. These frequently changing dishes focus on our chef's culinary and artistic skills creating thoughtfully flavoured and beautifully presented meals. Lovingly prepared to order, using, as often as possible locally sourced fresh seafood, meat and vegetables.
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Xmas Eve meal with my young son :)”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I wanted to make the most of Xmas with my son who has just turned 6 yrs old and take him somewhere special for Xmas Eve.

So i choose to take him for an early evening meal to TJs, a place i've visited a number of times now and always had a fantastic meal.

Although only just 6 he loves all food and will try different dishes when I take him out. I regulary go to a local children friendly pub/restaurant by the sea here in Paignton as well as a local Thai restaurant.

I pointed out to him before where it was when were down at the beach and talked him through the menu choices from their website. He was looking forward to it.

We arrived and as usual there is a lovely little welcoming card on your table 'To Steve and Young Mr Perriam' - touches like these go a long way in the hospitaility trade and make a place strand out for all the right reasons.

We had a wonderful table where we could enjoy the superb view across the harbour to the sea and Pier - all nicely lit up in the evening. He thought it was brilliant.

Chris brought us our menus and had a chat including with him and we ordered some drinks.

We took our time ordering as we were talking and he had some colouring to do as well.

We ate from the wonderfully varied tapas menu (one day i am going to try the a la carte menu but for now the tapas is soo good i always choose it!)

We had :

Wedges and garlic mayo
King Prawns in garlic butter
Mussels in a garlic and cream sauce - he loved eating these straight out of the shell !
Fish goujons with lemon mayo

He enjoyed everything. We even had an extra portion of chips which we did not order and he finished them off to !

By this time it was about 7:30 so I decided not to have pudding - not sure actually either of us could have eaten it mind !

Oh and I must mention the coffee - best value in town....wonderfully large glass cup of great tasting latte :)

The staff as always are a pleasure and enjoy a chat with you whilst you order or bringing your food. All in all a wonderful experience yet again.

Thanks to Chris, Simon, Mike etc for a superb Xmas Eve meal with my son.

We've already booked again for late January as he wants to try the (to die for) Deep Fried Goats Cheese!

So I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and it's easy to see why it ranks number 1 in Paignton. And if you have children, dont be afraid to take them if they enjoy a variety of food and like to try different dishes. The tapas menu makes it easy to find something for everyone.....fish, meat, spicy or not spicy.

I just wish i was going for New Year's Eve !

Bicester, United Kingdom
“Tremendous”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Just got back from this amazing little restaurant. We ate from the tapas menu. Every dish was tasty and well presented. The staff were welcoming and friendly making it a very relaxing experience. We really enjoyed it. We will be back.

Visited December 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The food was exceptional, the staff was brilliant and tended to our every need. Me and my girlfriend highly recommend tj's and will be going back regularly. Very happy and one of the best meals I have EVER had, top marks to the chef.

1 Thank Luke1190
paignton
“Works Christmas Do”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Just had our works Christmas do and as always the staff at TJ's couldn't do enough for you. So helpful and friendly. The food was lovely and cooked to everyones liking. Highly recommended.

Torquay, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place for a works do”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I took my staff to TJ's for a Christmas meal, the food was excellent, the atmosphere was warm and friendly as was the service of all the staff, highly recommend visiting for a works do, family outing or just a very pleasant meal

2 Thank Richard N