“Great food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

You would never guess from the unassuming outside of this small and very busy restaurant just how fantastic the food is. After ten or more visits and take-always the food is consistently very good. Being vegetarian I can't vouch for the meat dishes, but the veggie ones such as the red curry and tofu are really lovely. The actual restaurant inside and out is pretty basic but somehow that doesn't matter - the atmosphere is always fun and lively, probably helped by Torbay Thai's BYOB policy!

There are newer reviews for Torbay Thai

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Went here for a meal with some friends.
Been eating here for a few years now this is my first review.
Found the food to be very tasty and the staff very friendly as always.
Cant believe some people can give this place a bad review .
Think tripadvisor is a good thing but not when you get people like (JOHN N)
who has reviewed 5 restaurants in torbay and rated 4 as terrible.
your review is a pack of lies.
people dont believe this idiot !!!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

People have different taste,different views on TORBAY THAI RESTAURANT..There are few who are not satisfied for some reasons..might not be accomodated for booking or just want to destroy the image of Torbay Thai..I am not bothered to some disgraceful comment about the restaurant..Because I myself love the authentic Thai Food that they are serving!!The owner and the staff of Torbay Thai are friendly..Everything are fresh and not frozen...All the Thai staff work so hard and they are very accomodating..I never encounter any foul or bad taste from the food they are serving!!!And lastly the chef is really good and enthusiastic person because thats what they are..I recommend Torbay Thai...

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Went there last night and I knew I would suffer for it. It's 9am and I am still in bed after a terrible night suffering from the food I was served. I eat Thai food quite regularly but this is the first time I have had this amount of stomach upset etc (I will spare you the details)

Anyhow when we went in to the restaurant, the reception was frosty from all three staff members. It was as if we were intruding. The older staff member who I think was a woman glowered at us throughout the whole meal.

They didn't bother with prawn crackers or anything like that. The starters came and were OK although the salads which I love elsewhere were mainly red onions and had really overpowering vinegary dressing. The soups were OK but mine had a very strange taste I don't normally get. The main courses were poor. The meat used was dirt cheap and little of it. The sauces were very poor and the rice microwaved. My companions never leave restaurants generally without a dessert but we couldn't wait to get out especially since the service continued to be surly and unfriendly. In all the years I have visited Thai restaurants I have only ever encountered charming, sweet and attentive service. The atmosphere is unpleasant in this restaurant and they don't bother with any music. They just want your money for as little in return as they can get away with.

While I was sitting there I also saw the cook making large batches of noodle dishes which were destined for the freezer. So all the people who rave about this food are probably the same people who think convenience meals are the very height of sophisticated cuisine. If all you want is a microwaved food don't waste your money here with these sour people, go across the road to Morrisons and pick up some food that certainly won't make you ill.

Thai food is special because it is vibrant and fresh, Torbay Thai is a disgrace and the cooks are lazy and contemptuous of the unfortunate customers who make the mistake of going through their door.

10  Thank John N
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Decided to have Thai with friends New Years Eve, and this has to be up there with one of the best meals, the food was excellent, could not fault anything, the service was great, especially for New Years Eve, we had a take away, everything was lovely and hot, and the meals..... well you will have to try for yourselves you will not be disappointed.