“OK but nothing special”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Good choice of food and a clean kitchen but I found some of the dishes somewhat dry. It always seems busy though and I'm basing this on my two test dishes of chow mien and special fried rice.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is an average takeaway with average quality food. It used to be my regular one, being very close to where I live, but now I have found somewhere better and go there instead.
I can't say the food is bad, but then it's nothing special either. The kitchen is visible from the ordering area and it all looks okay, so cleanliness isn't an issue. The prices are average too. If there were no other Chinese takeaways in the area, I would probably continue to use Ho Mei and I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone to go there, but there is better close by.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

ever time we order food from ho mei it is always excellent, fast delivery friendly people love the food

Reviewed 24 August 2013

its arrived on time no problem, after that all down hill
The ribs were tasteless,
prawn cracker cooked way too early,
kung po chicken tasted like roast dinner,
crispy chilli beef was like string,
sweet&sour chicken very dry,
rice was good
we had this at 7pm and this review is being written at 7.15

On the positive side, it did come very quickly !!!

Over all our meal was ..... RUBBISH

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Went home to parents house and had a takeaway from ho mei, delivered at the time they estimated, all food tastes great, seems a very clean Chinese without MSG as I don't feel thirsty afterwards. Standout dishes are duck in plum sauce, king prawns with chilli and garlic and aromatic spare ribs.