“A proper treat for our little family”

Birklands Guest House
Ranked #35 of 97 Paignton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I called the BandB the day before our arrival... They were more than happy to book us into their last available family room and sort out our parking ticket.

I was told to collect a key in advance which really helped, we were also asked if we would like to leave our bags and they would be taken to our room..

The room- a decent size, 3 beds .. Good sized ensuite, clean.

The owners - Christine and Nigel were fantastic with our children, and so were the guests during breakfast..

All of my family were served a good sized full English breakfast and juice/tea/coffe and cereals. We were also asked if we had any dietary requirements.

Im Very happy to write this review for people who obviously care about their guests.

We were told directions on how to get to the Zoo.

Thank you thank you.

We will visit again next year. From Alex Alana Matthew and Olivia

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have just spent 3 nights here with my mother & my son. Nigel & Christine made us very welcome & were always very helpful. The location is great for accessing the town, station & beach. The rooms were clean & had everything we needed. The breakfast menu offered a wide choice & the portions even satisfied my sons' good appetite. Would definitely recommend Birklands & look forward to returning there in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SEF66
Reviewed 6 July 2013

we have just come back from a weekend with christine and nigel at birklands guest house. this has got to be our best stay in the most welcoming and relaxed bed and breakfast we have ever had. the room was spotless and the breakfasts were fantastic. if you are looking for a welcome break, or as we had, a relaxing couple of nights away. this is the place to go. 100% to christine and nigel, they made you very very welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julian V
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay here with my husband and two children. Nigel and Christine were very warm and welcoming. The room was very clean and the breakfast was excellent. I would definitely return to this guest house.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jessica s
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed at end of April 2013 along with 6 others for a long weekend coinciding with the last football away trip of the year.

Birklands is 5 minutes walk from both the railway sation and the beach.

The room and ensuite were beautifully decorated and very clean. Very generous breakfast served by the owners who went to great lengths to make us feel welcome and were happy to suggest things to do in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gashead_8
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Just stayed here for two nights and found it to be one of the best guest houses I've stayed at. The room was beautifully decorated, everything thought of and to the highest standard. Nigel and Christine offered the warmest of welcomes and it was a delight to chat with them and their other guests. Breakfasts were hearty and home-cooked. I arrived at 2300 after a long journey and was so grateful for a kind welcome, even though I was so late and an immediately calm atmosphere to relax in.

The house is one street back from the noisy sea front and so beautifully quiet. I had room 4 and it was perfect.

I'm delighted to recommend as highly as I can. Thank you both so much!

Room Tip: I loved Room 4 which was a large double, even though I was on my own. Lovely and light and very airy...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank lizzie53
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stayed at the Birkland with my mum for her 86th birthday treat. Received a lovely warm welcome from Nigel and Christine the owners. Mum had the double en-suite on the ground floor which was ideal for her and I had room 3 upstairs . This was also a double ensuite although I had only paid for a single room so a nice surprise. My bed was really comfortable, everywhere was spotlessly clean and a lot of little extra touches made for an excellent experience. Nigel and Christine gave us a lot of tips and info on where to eat and how to get there and also some vouchers for a free starter/dessert at a local pub. We had a restful night and although I'm a very light sleeper I didnt hear any of the other guests at all till we all met in the dining room for breakfast. In fact I wondered if there was soundproofing in all the rooms. Enjoyed Christines cooking very much, there was a great choice and also enjoyed Nigels service and chat. We will definitely be going back again as on top of all this, the location was great, near to both the sea front and the shops.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family