“Mini break”

Ranked #30 of 96 Paignton B&B and Inns
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Mini break”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay and I cannot rate this B and B highly enough . The location is excellent , it really is just a minutes walk to the beach , pier , childrens play park and only a few minutes to the shops and restaurants . There is a cinema close by and crazy golf and swimming pool . The B and B is also very close to the train station . Chris and Nigel are absolutely lovely , very friendly and accommodating . It was just myself and my 7 year old daughter staying . We were allowed to come and go as we pleased . The whole of the B and B was spotless and cleaned to a very high spec . The breakfast was fantastic , a wide range of food on offer and cooked fresh to order . Overall we had a fantastic stay and will definitely stay here again .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I called the BandB the day before our arrival... They were more than happy to book us into their last available family room and sort out our parking ticket.

I was told to collect a key in advance which really helped, we were also asked if we would like to leave our bags and they would be taken to our room..

The room- a decent size, 3 beds .. Good sized ensuite, clean.

The owners - Christine and Nigel were fantastic with our children, and so were the guests during breakfast..

All of my family were served a good sized full English breakfast and juice/tea/coffe and cereals. We were also asked if we had any dietary requirements.

Im Very happy to write this review for people who obviously care about their guests.

We were told directions on how to get to the Zoo.

Thank you thank you.

We will visit again next year. From Alex Alana Matthew and Olivia

• Stayed August 2013
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have just spent 3 nights here with my mother & my son. Nigel & Christine made us very welcome & were always very helpful. The location is great for accessing the town, station & beach. The rooms were clean & had everything we needed. The breakfast menu offered a wide choice & the portions even satisfied my sons' good appetite. Would definitely recommend Birklands & look forward to returning there in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SEF66
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

we have just come back from a weekend with christine and nigel at birklands guest house. this has got to be our best stay in the most welcoming and relaxed bed and breakfast we have ever had. the room was spotless and the breakfasts were fantastic. if you are looking for a welcome break, or as we had, a relaxing couple of nights away. this is the place to go. 100% to christine and nigel, they made you very very welcome.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julian V
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay here with my husband and two children. Nigel and Christine were very warm and welcoming. The room was very clean and the breakfast was excellent. I would definitely return to this guest house.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jessica s
Bristol, England
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed at end of April 2013 along with 6 others for a long weekend coinciding with the last football away trip of the year.

Birklands is 5 minutes walk from both the railway sation and the beach.

The room and ensuite were beautifully decorated and very clean. Very generous breakfast served by the owners who went to great lengths to make us feel welcome and were happy to suggest things to do in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gashead_8
southampton england
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Just stayed here for two nights and found it to be one of the best guest houses I've stayed at. The room was beautifully decorated, everything thought of and to the highest standard. Nigel and Christine offered the warmest of welcomes and it was a delight to chat with them and their other guests. Breakfasts were hearty and home-cooked. I arrived at 2300 after a long journey and was so grateful for a kind welcome, even though I was so late and an immediately calm atmosphere to relax in.

The house is one street back from the noisy sea front and so beautifully quiet. I had room 4 and it was perfect.

I'm delighted to recommend as highly as I can. Thank you both so much!

Room Tip: I loved Room 4 which was a large double, even though I was on my own. Lovely and light and very airy...