Birklands Guest House
Marine Hotel(Paignton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfamily roomb blovely guesthouseclean towelswarm welcomeenjoyable stayweekend breakgreat hostsgood sizecar parknext yearnigelmariabreakfastxxseafrontpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay and I cannot rate this B and B highly enough . The location is excellent , it really is just a minutes walk to the beach , pier , childrens play park and only a few minutes to the shops and restaurants . There is a cinema close by and crazy golf and swimming pool . The B and B is also very close to the train station . Chris and Nigel are absolutely lovely , very friendly and accommodating . It was just myself and my 7 year old daughter staying . We were allowed to come and go as we pleased . The whole of the B and B was spotless and cleaned to a very high spec . The breakfast was fantastic , a wide range of food on offer and cooked fresh to order . Overall we had a fantastic stay and will definitely stay here again .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I called the BandB the day before our arrival... They were more than happy to book us into their last available family room and sort out our parking ticket.

I was told to collect a key in advance which really helped, we were also asked if we would like to leave our bags and they would be taken to our room..

The room- a decent size, 3 beds .. Good sized ensuite, clean.

The owners - Christine and Nigel were fantastic with our children, and so were the guests during breakfast..

All of my family were served a good sized full English breakfast and juice/tea/coffe and cereals. We were also asked if we had any dietary requirements.

Im Very happy to write this review for people who obviously care about their guests.

We were told directions on how to get to the Zoo.

Thank you thank you.

We will visit again next year. From Alex Alana Matthew and Olivia

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have just spent 3 nights here with my mother & my son. Nigel & Christine made us very welcome & were always very helpful. The location is great for accessing the town, station & beach. The rooms were clean & had everything we needed. The breakfast menu offered a wide choice & the portions even satisfied my sons' good appetite. Would definitely recommend Birklands & look forward to returning there in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SEF66
Reviewed 6 July 2013

we have just come back from a weekend with christine and nigel at birklands guest house. this has got to be our best stay in the most welcoming and relaxed bed and breakfast we have ever had. the room was spotless and the breakfasts were fantastic. if you are looking for a welcome break, or as we had, a relaxing couple of nights away. this is the place to go. 100% to christine and nigel, they made you very very welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julian V
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay here with my husband and two children. Nigel and Christine were very warm and welcoming. The room was very clean and the breakfast was excellent. I would definitely return to this guest house.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family