Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Reviewed 17 September 2013

For £89.00 just for a room is costly. I had breakfast at the beef eater next door. £8.00 some for all you can eat, let's face it not many can eat that much, should have more options? There should be better cost of the food you eat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 September 2013

having stayed in other Premier Inns I thought that this would live up to my previous good experiences but found this to be a let down . The building although new was ugly and had no character , the service was substandard as I was not allocated the room I had phoned to ask for and had to be moved , had to ask for towels , and in general I found the feeling was one of inefficiency , The Beefeater was also a rip off and again not efficient or professional . Sorry Premier Inn but having sung your praises for so long I now have to have a rethink in future

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the car park as it is quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stopped here last weekend for 3 nights, it is a little way out from the town center and Goodrington Beach, wish we had stopped at the Premier Inn on Goodrington Beach with a pub next door. Paignton South Inn is also on a very busy junction, very noisy. Our first night (room 115) was terrible, road noise but worse of all the most lumpy uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in, I could not face another 2 nights in this bed - so I rang reception (no phones in rooms) on my mobile and expressed my unsatisfactory night as unbearable. Immediately she offered us another room overlooking the car park at the back and also a full refund for that night. I was very happy with her quick response and good customer service. We were offered room 109 which was a much larger room and quieter, I also at this point asked for a spare duvet, so if the bed was still uncomfortable this may help if laid upon it. I didn't need it. the rooms were very clean, the continental breakfast was good and our evening meal in the adjoining beefeater was also very good with friendly waiting staff, but a grumpy bar man ! Overall good for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the car park.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here for two nights and the staff were lovely, really helpful & friendly on check in and throughout our stay. Room was clean and new looking. Handy having the Beefeater next door as there is not much else restaurant wise to walk to in the area. Best to book in the Beefeater as it does get busy. Nice food and quick service too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A path of 8 adults staying overnight en route to a holiday cottage to sample the area. The telephone booking was easy, I was able to talk to a real person and explain our requirements (one double for disabled guests). Staff on arrival very helpful and recommended a suitable restaurant for dinner. Rooms comfortable and clean. A good stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed for one night...greeted by efficient staff.Tim seemed to have great local knowledge..well done Premier Inn..the Beefeater provide a filling breakfast..excellent stay...car park was spread over a large area..all monitored......

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank selbytown
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This Premier Inn is at a very good location. We wanted to book the Premier inn Torquay but they were full so we booked this one. We were pleasantly surprised by how good this hotel was. Very clean, quiet and smiling staff throughout our stay. We asked for a top floor room at the car park side, very quiet. Room was big enough for two adults and two children. Beds were firm and pillows soft, just the way we like it.

Room Tip: Askl for top floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family