“As advertised”

Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Reviewed 2 January 2014

A great base for a weekend or break away, comfortable cosy rooms with good facilities, huge bed, clean and equipped to a reasonable standard, restaurant on site open all day for breakfast lunch and dinner with a good stocked bar .. we found the staff to be friendly helpful and willing to please .. A lovely break away with lots of places to visit and explore.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same just on different floors with lifts or stairs ..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Absolutely lovely hotel, very well looked after. Staff couldn't be more helpful. Our only downside were the "herd of elephants in the room above stomping around" in the evening but all in all a lovely place to stay. The beefeater next door did a great breakfast too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a new Premier Inn and the staff are outstanding. We were welcomed by Miranda and she made us feel more welcome than most five star hotels we have visited.

The rooms are superb, nicely finished and a bathroom with bath and shower over.

The security is excellent, you can't access the corridors without a door card. It is quiet inside and there is no noise from outside. All rooms are airconditioned heating to enable a perfect temperature and the windows are sealed so no noise.

There is a Beefeater restaurant about 7 metres from the door.

It is located on the Paignton bypass so easy access to all local attractions.

All in all, excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hortonkirbyboy
Tim F, Manager at Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for your amazing comment. We pride ourselves here at Paignton South on our high levels of customer service and are elated to hear you had an outstanding welcome from Miranda.
We also take security very seriously, which is why we have the door in reception that can only be accessed by our guests for that extra bit of comfort and peace of mind. We are glad you had a great stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed here just after boxing day due to delayed travel services. Friendly staff and check in was quick and easy, I needed a bottle opener and reception were more than happy to go over to the beefeater to fetch it for me. Beds were clean and comfortable and I slept like a log (baring in mind I can literally sleep on anything and I'll be comfortable), heating was nice and warm, shower and bath were clean apart from one pube which I found in the bath, also the toilet seat was broken but that didn't bother me seeming as it's not the Ritz.

Building is also not sound proof, so if you have a room by the busy main road, good luck. Reletively good price for a nice, crisp, modern Premier Inn. Is out the way from shops as well, so more ideal if you do have a car.

Would recommend, but not for a holiday stay. More suitable for business stays, delayed travel stays etc...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had a 3 night mini break at the beginning of December 2013 We could not fault the accommodation or the staff who were friendly and very helpful. the breakfast at the nearby beefeater was very good too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comment. We are glad you chose us for the accommodation for your mini break. We hope it was a trip to remember. It’s always rewarding to see our guests have had a pleasant experience with us and we will pass on the kind words to our beefeater staff too. Thank you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I had a 3 night break here over the weekend of Sat 30 Nov to relax before the Christmas panic at work

It was just what I hoped for . . Peace/Quiet/Good food

The hotel is quite new and this does notice as everything is so clean but the outstanding point for me with this P.I. are the staff

Every one I met came across as happy and nothing was too much trouble, even though I'd not been here before it felt as if I had by the friendliness shown but at the same time it was not intrusive and always professional (Torquay take note)

I will be back at some point

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Room Tip: The shower is over the bath but there is NO grab handle on the wall . . Not good in general but espe...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Tim F, Manager at Premier Inn Paignton South - Brixham Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your stay and the staff at Premier Inn Paignton South. We take pride in providing a high quality service to all of our guests, and both the team and myself look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights visiting the local area . I found this hotel to be in a really good location, ideally situated to get to most of south Devon. The room was Clean and well presented. The staff i found to be very Friendly and helpful. Ideal for my stay and would deffinately recommend. Has a Beefeater next door which is fine but plenty of other places locally to eat. Just a couple of small issues which has been raised with Premier Inn. Twin rooms have a double and a single bed, I would however describe the single as a small single. I would also suggest a seperate shower, shower is in the bath and not that suitable for my elderly mother.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jazztheme

I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the Premier Inn Paignton South. I would reccomend trying one of our Universal Access rooms on your next visit, these can be set up as a twin with two larger single beds, but also, (if you phone in advance to request) we have one room with a wet room rather than a bath. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Paignton South.

Kind regards