“Best fish and chips cafe in Paignton”

Richard's Fish Cafe
Ranked #22 of 191 Restaurants in Paignton
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A family run fish & chip shop with excellent food and smiling staff.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Having been to this cafe over the years bad have now changed owners, the other owners were very friendly people , it was then calletd Richards Fish and Chips Cafe, they were lovely people and excellent food and as the new owners are just as good and we enjoyed our meal today with 7 friends. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

In the area for work purposes. Came across Richards by accident while looking for another address. Best homemade fish cake ever!

1  Thank Sarah-Louise D
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Walked a fair bit to get here after reading trip advisor reviews. Glad we did. Really good. Very clean, quick service and great food. We had haddock (lovely crispy batter) and chips and our daughter had chips. For dinner and 5 drinks we were just under £20. Very busy with locals getting take away which is always a good sign.

1  Thank GlasgowWinelover
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visited Richard's Fish Cafe for the first time on 14th June 2014.
This chip shop met & exceeded all my requirements of a chippy; delicious fresh vegetarian friendly chips & great customer service.
Being a vegan the first question I asked was whether the chips were cooked in vegetable oil, & whether they were cooked separately, or with the fish products.
Not only did I get the answer I was so hoping for (that the vegetable oiled chips were fried separately from the fish that day) the lady serving then segued into a friendly chat about how surprising she found different parts of the country using different oils & how she had moved to the area from a Northern town that used beef dripping to fry the chips in.
Our order was cooked fresh & I was invited to have a seat whilst I waited. I enjoyed lovely hot chips with tasteful mushy peas and my partner also had a homemade fishcake which he said was delicious.
We will definitely be back again to this very friendly chippy that caters for vegetarians.

1  Thank Clarems S
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Great Fish chips stopped by chance on route to meet friends in Paignton sat down in there cafe area really a great meal.also has a 5* food hygiene rating by the local council

2  Thank 1to10KHview