“Decent fish and chips”

Ranked #31 of 182 Restaurants in Paignton
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A family run fish & chip shop with excellent food and smiling staff.
Dartmoor National Park, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,257 helpful votes
“Decent fish and chips”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Visited this cafe on the basis of the positive TripAdvisor reviews, and enjoyed our meal. The fish was tasty and we'll cooked, perhaps not the thickest piece but decent enough. The chips were good too. Overall a decent meal, solid cooking. Staff were excellent.

1 Thank chammp

Chester, United Kingdom
“top nosh”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

stayed in torquay and were told to go there by the apartment owners , locals in the know
great fish and chips and at a good price for the familly

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely chippy”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The food was AMAZING !!! The staff were really friendly, the two girls on the counter liked to talk a lot ( between them selfs about things you don't want to know ) but apart from that it's amazing we will be back for more amazing fish and chips

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Size of the fish!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Great fish and chips. I ordered regular cod and my word I would hate to see the large! Great Friday night chippy tea enjoyed.

Yorkshire
“Hidden Jem but we found it !!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This chippy was really good the food was amazing we waited a little while because it was what seemed fairly busy that evening but our food came to us and it was lovely not rushed or plonked on the plate or table but placed it was if we were the only ones in there and it was very reasonably priced and the portion was more than I could finish of and I like my food ! We also had takeaway on a different evening before we headed home I stood in the que for a while but as my food was cooked especially for me I didn't mind as I knew it would be fresh out the fryer, again portion sizes were more than expected there regular cod and chips was more than enough and as we were taking it down the beach it was offered to us in a box with a plastic fork (not many places do this)

• Visited July 2014