“2 steak meals and a bottle of Wine £20.00 what a bargain.”
Review of Henrys Bar

Henrys Bar
Ranked #8 of 182 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Henrys is a traditional style pub that serves meals throughout the day
“2 steak meals and a bottle of Wine £20.00 what a bargain.”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had the pleasure of ordering 2 steaks and a bottle of wine all for £20.00 at Henrys Bar and have to say the steaks were superb and my husband is really particular about his steaks. The food was delicious and plentiful and the wine was of good quality not the cheapest by any means. If you want a good meal in the Bay then Henry's is the place to go for quality and value. My husband is an ale drinker and as this place is Camra rated it was ideal.The staff were very welcoming and friendly. Would recommend to all.

• Visited January 2014
Thank Scott and Vicki... D

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Perhaps Paignton's Best Pub?”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've walked past this pub many times, but have never previously been sufficiently enticed by its exterior to venture inside. Having eventually decided to give it a try, it now seems that not visiting before has been my loss.

My elderly father - who I take out for lunch once each week - and I decided on the spur of the moment to try Henry's Bar a couple of days ago, rather than the usual venue which my father prefers. To be strictly accurate, I was keen to try Henry's for a change, and encouraged my reluctant father to do so.

We were both impressed by everything we encountered. The staff were genuinely friendly, and the service was excellent. The range of real ales (all at £2.50) was superb, and my pint of Exmoor Stag was in A1 condition. The menu - which consisted of all home-cooked food - offered an excellent choice, all at unbelievably low prices. There was a good choice of vegetarian food too. Portions were incredibly generous, and most dishes were under £10 and, in many cases, below £7 too. Our dishes were very tasty indeed.

My elderly father's request to me on leaving - "Do you think we can go back there next week?" - says it all. Henry's Bar has now gained two more regulars, thanks to the excellence of its inexpensive and excellent food and drink, its superb service, and the splendid atmosphere the interior of the building engenders.

• Visited November 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Good food and beer”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I often eat here when in the area and have tried several times in the past to sample the Sunday lunch but have been too late as they have been sold out! So this visit I went in earlier and wasn't disappointed ,a large plate of roast pork with roast pots and fresh veg etc was good value for about a fiver. All washed down with well kept real ale again at a sensible price means this place gets my vote any time.

• Visited November 2013
Halesowen
“Excellent Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Great Sunday lunch with the added bonus of being dog friendly. Dogs looked after with fresh bowl of water and doggie treats

Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Paradise”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Bubble & Squeak from the specials board was a simple dish well done. The beer was great. Prices were very reasonable.

• Visited September 2013