“Cheap and cheerful”
Review of Henrys Bar

Henrys Bar
Ranked #6 of 187 Restaurants in Paignton
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Henrys is a traditional style pub that serves meals throughout the day
Reviewed 5 April 2014

A typical locals pub but made to feel welcome and important for us was doggie friendly. The food was basic but very tasty and plenty of it, perfect if you have a big appetite. Prices were quite cheap for a holiday resort town and there was a good selection of beers to choose from. 3 mins from the beach and a great little drop in for a quick bite whilst exploring Paignton, with both indoor and outdoor seating areas (both doggie friendly) making it perfect for any weather.

2  Thank Thomas S

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I go to many pubs in torbay but as I live in paignton this is now my regular. There's never any aggro in this pub or aggression it has a pleasant relaxed atmosphere and sets high amongst the rest in town. The staff are friendly and welcoming and their roast dinners are superb! As a man in my fifties I tend to like quieter places. There were no football fanatics just mellow music in the background. Ten times better than that awful winstons or grand central.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

i have been eating and drinking on and off at henrys since 1995 when i met the owners on bantham beach and they told me of a surf bar in paignton and gave me a lift to the next village were i worked a week later me and my friends went to henrys and had the best foodbest beer and best laugh we have ever had , recently i was there over xmas and after 4 years they remembered my name also the steak i had was the best ever i have had, henrys is the best pub i have ever been in even better than the old ship and plough which has gone now. best pub in devon by miles..

jo-marshal, Owner at Henrys Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We're really glad you're still enjoying Henry's after all these years. Try not to leave it quite so long until your next visit. See you soon. :-)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had the pleasure of ordering 2 steaks and a bottle of wine all for £20.00 at Henrys Bar and have to say the steaks were superb and my husband is really particular about his steaks. The food was delicious and plentiful and the wine was of good quality not the cheapest by any means. If you want a good meal in the Bay then Henry's is the place to go for quality and value. My husband is an ale drinker and as this place is Camra rated it was ideal.The staff were very welcoming and friendly. Would recommend to all.

Thank Scott and Vicki... D
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've walked past this pub many times, but have never previously been sufficiently enticed by its exterior to venture inside. Having eventually decided to give it a try, it now seems that not visiting before has been my loss.

My elderly father - who I take out for lunch once each week - and I decided on the spur of the moment to try Henry's Bar a couple of days ago, rather than the usual venue which my father prefers. To be strictly accurate, I was keen to try Henry's for a change, and encouraged my reluctant father to do so.

We were both impressed by everything we encountered. The staff were genuinely friendly, and the service was excellent. The range of real ales (all at £2.50) was superb, and my pint of Exmoor Stag was in A1 condition. The menu - which consisted of all home-cooked food - offered an excellent choice, all at unbelievably low prices. There was a good choice of vegetarian food too. Portions were incredibly generous, and most dishes were under £10 and, in many cases, below £7 too. Our dishes were very tasty indeed.

My elderly father's request to me on leaving - "Do you think we can go back there next week?" - says it all. Henry's Bar has now gained two more regulars, thanks to the excellence of its inexpensive and excellent food and drink, its superb service, and the splendid atmosphere the interior of the building engenders.