“Good food, as long as you don't mind a wait.”
Review of White Rock

White Rock
Ranked #70 of 188 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I came to Beefeater for an early evening meal with a group of friends.

Ordered food which I have to admit did take a while to come, which was a surprise considering the restaurant was next to empty. This didnt bother me too much as I was with good company, however I did find myself indulging in a few more drinks than planned, as well as a bit of a rumbling stomach.

The food was nice. A little expensive, however far from a bank breaker.

All in all was a nice experience, didnt leave disappointed, however did leave later than I had planned!

1  Thank Matt H

Reviewed 27 August 2013

never had time to visit before, friends booked prior to going on to a show. Will definitely visit again
Lovely food, excellent attention to customer service !!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My family and I recently took an elderly disabled lady to lunch at this restaurant.
When we arrived we stood waiting to be seated and a member of staff walked past saying he would be with us shortly. A few minutes later a female member of staff walked past making the same statement. I said the elderly friend needed to be seated as quickly as possible. Her reply was they were busy but would (reluctantly I got the impression) call the manager.
We were then seated and placed our order. There was then a very long delay before the food was served. Quality and value for money mediocre.
We have been to this restaurant several times since it opened and prior to this visit have been very pleased.
There seemed to be more managers than serving staff present.

2  Thank reynoldspaul402
Reviewed 26 August 2013

After reading some reviews, I was surprised that our findings did not match them.
The staff here were just magic. Smiles and constant help, whilst under much pressure.
The restaurant was about half full when we entered and immediately we were able to place an order. Breakfast perfectly cooked in addition to a wide range of cereal, fruit, yoghurt, pastries, juices and crumpets, all unlimited.
It seems that often customers complain, but, how many actually take the time to praise? I hope that many did on the day we visited.
Thank you to all the staff.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at the neighbouring Premier Inn so ate here a couple of times. The service was a bit slow as they were very busy but the food was lovely. Beefeater have the same dishes as Table Table restaurants but charge about £2.00 extra for the same thing - they are both owned by the same parent company - I would be interested to see the justification for these price differences!