“Probably The best Beafeater We've Visited”
Review of White Rock

White Rock
Ranked #74 of 182 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: British, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kent
“Probably The best Beafeater We've Visited”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Can wait for a table in the evening, but the food is good value and well cooked. We also had lunch and breakfast with not complaints.

• Visited April 2014

“Portion size”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Went to the beefeater tonight as normally get a good meal there... The service was good and served by a lovely waitress who we normally see called agi,when are food came out we noticed how the portions had gone down in size!!!!the salad is normally a lovely size and never had to complain until tonight... It was so tiny it wasn't worth putting in a bowl!!! I asked what had happened and was told as it's a summer menu they have cut back on the size of the portions... I don't think we will be visiting as much as we used to which is a shame as the staff are lovely.

Brixham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dissapointed!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I took my family to our local Beefeater restaurant as a treat for my sons birthday. We had been told by a friend that before 5 children eat for £1. My husband and I ordered off of the 'Daytime' menu which stated before 6.30 as well as 3 children's meals, drinks and desserts. When the bill arrived I realised we had been charged full price for the children's meals, when I questioned this I was then told it was because we had ordered off the wrong menu! I explained that no one had explained the offers upon our arrival, and the small print was hardly readable it was so small! The manager couldn't have cared less. I have complained to head office who have replied stating they have passed my complaint back to the manager who didn't care to begin with! So for anyone with children thinking you will get the offer take a magnifying glass to read all of the small print first! Considering the restaurant was fairly empty we were left waiting to be seated, and service was slow.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank 680CHARLIE
“Great Service but ..”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We came on a Friday night and was served by a gentlemen called 'Lewis' I believe. Although strangely enough his name-tag said 'Matt' ? . Lewis made a joke about the fact he was wearing the 'wrong name badge and said he had asked for a new one because apparently it had been lost by the company. Wouldn't it be better if they have him wear no name badge or one that says training? The service was excellent though and Lewis really made us feel welcome, with offering refills on our lemonades and spirits and making sure the quality of food was how we liked it. I did ask a waitress for a refill on my lemonade but I didn't see her put it on the swipe till so I mentioned this to Lewis and he quickly rectified this and spoke to a manager and the outcome was to have that one on the house. Food was to a ok standard, not to sure if it's worth the prices but what is these days. hope to try and see you soon

“POOR SERVICE.”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I ordered a drink along with my desert which I had to cancel as finished my desert before it came. Took about 15 minutes eat time I ordered a drink. Chicken I had was really bland and watery.

I love beefeater, so as we were staying at the adjacent Premier Inn thought we'd give it another go. Stood for 10 minutes at the sign saying "wait here to be seated". The place was dead so no excuse not to be served. Walked out.

• Visited March 2014