“Great for kids of all ages!”
Review of Paignton Geopark

Paignton Geopark
Ranked #4 of 35 things to do in Paignton
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We often take our grandchildren here, our 3 year old one thinks this place is the best thing since sliced bread. Very handy for other attractions and shops too.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Great play area enjoyed by myself, my husband, my daughter and her partner and most of all by our 3 year old grandaughter. We had a go on everything!!!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The Geopark on Paignton sea front is designed around the English Riviera’s geological history aimed at children of all ages. There is lots to do from playing in the sand making sand castles to climbing on the multitude of frames and various apparatus Tarzan swings, zipwires, seesaws, mini teacup for little-ones. Lots of open space for ball games, Frisbee games etc and then there's the beach itself...and it doesn't cost a penny!! Bargain!!

The toddler area has a swing over a wetpour sea. This area also has a seesaw, climbing hut, trampoline and spinner bowls, the junior area has a giant climbing mountain shaped net.

The sand and water play area has a purpose built water channel for children to pump and dam water and digging equipment and tables for sand play. The teen play zone has lots to challenge the older child/teen where they can play on the zip wire, towers, play huts, a six way swing, climbing logs and stilts and climbing trees.

Hours of free fun!!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was a little worried when the plans for this Geopark were published as I felt it would spoil the famous 'Paignton green'. I have to say, I personally, think I was wrong!
The park has been very well laid out, (okay it's had a few teething problems), without spoiling the views. There is a choice for all ages, a zip wire, climbing frame, swings, sand pit and much more, and this is evident by how busy the park can be.
The surrounding area has ample space for relaxing or getting out the picnic basket.
It's spot is ideal, close to all amenities and right alongside the beach, so when the kids have had enough in the play park they can just sidle along for a dip in the sea.
It's a must to let the kids make their own choices and allow them to spend some of the never ending energy.
The only downside is that there is no parking close to the area.

1  Thank stujay2
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Had to visit this park every day with my 5 year old whilst on holiday this year. Newly built since last time we went to Paignton (8 years ago) so a welcome surprise as it was just an open green space before. Lots of use out of it by all kids, with loads of variation in play that kept them happy for quite a while. There were even kids playing on it at 9pm when it was dark lol.

1  Thank rachnpete