“Delightful”

The Clifton At Paignton
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paignton
The Clifton At Paignton
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Friendly welcome with everything you would expect. We've stayed in a paignton several times and this is by far the best. Clean rooms good food and two of the nicest people you could meet. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here last week for 2 nights, Freda and Steve were very friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere is excellent for families, and a 2 minute walk to the beach. I would defintely stay there again. Only the weather and annoying Seagulls were against us!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Just got back from paington ( an hour ago). Both me and my husband had a lovely time and we really enjoyed our stay at the cliffton. Freda was very helpful, friendly and enthusiatic. The room was spotless and comfortable, my only complaint was the seagulls who seemed to be up all night making a racket. I would recommend the cliffton to anyone looking for a warm cheerful stay. Thank you freda for making us feel at home. Julie and Tyrone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Our stay at the clifton hotel was fantastic! Lovely clean rooms, the hosts Freda and Steve were most welcoming, and very helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was outstanding (top marks) a wonderful menu, and cooked to perfection. The location was just great, sea front, and shops just a 2 min walk away, so easy to just walk out the door and onto the beach. It was a very memorable holiday and we will be making the clifton our choice of hotel to stay at on future holidays in paignton.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Good food; comfortable beds; and well placed. The staff are experienced and friendly.

Paignton is good for both young families and old, a lot livelier than expected and well placed for Torquay and Goodrington. Perfect holiday - even the weather was better than expected.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed here for one night in Paignton and I absolutely loved it.

Upon arrival, a large group was also checking in at the same time, so the owner, Freda, asked me to wait in the lounge, offered me tea or coffee while I waited and then she showed me to my room.

Freda then told me that she upgraded my room for me as I was originally booked for a single room with bathroom facilities next door, but she had a single room with en-suite and moved me to there.

Steve was also very friendly. He asked the previous day what I was down in Paignton for (friend's gig in the pub down the road) and he geniunely wanted to come down and have a look to see what they were like, but couldn't as he had to cook dinner for guests that night.

Had a good night's sleep, breakfast was lovely (you need to pre-order the day before) and everyone in the dining room were treated as good friends rather than guests - amazing and friendly service!

I wanted to go to the beach, so left after breakfast, Freda seemed a little disappointed that I was leaving so early, bless her! She reminded me to put some suntan lotion before I headed for the beach.

I would highly recommend this B&B not just for the service, but for the warm reception and friendliness.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We had such a lovely time with Freda and Steve. The food was fantastic bought and cooked fresh each day, my mother-in-law came with us and Steve gave her a smaller portion as she requested and managed to eat all her meals. Very friendly, lovely bedrooms and in a great location.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a lovely room at the front.