“excellent food”

The Palm Tree Turkish Restaurant
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We booked an evening meal after reading good reports on this site. The food was very good quality, fresh and well presented, such a change from the pub grub that seems the norm nowadays .All the staff were very friendly and helpful, would definitely return.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

We had a lovely breakfast this Sunday morning, the presentation of the food is very good and quality, will be back, they deserve to do well. It's nice to have somewhere nice to go in Paignton for a change, with good food and decor.

Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

Wow, the Palm Tree really isn't what you expect from Paignton!
Truely excellent food & helpful, humorous service!
My family and I (along with our 18 month old) visited for the first time a couple of weeks ago, the weather was kind and we were able to sit out in the little sun trap of a garden. As is my Dads way he asked lots of questions about local produce etc, the owner & staff were knowledgable and happy to chat. Our little boy was really well catered for & enjoyed a bowl of homemade carrot & coriander soup & a babyccino whilst the rest of us chose; a beetroot, shallot & feta frittata, a bacon & tomato quiche & enormous burgers! The coffee was excellent & the still cider my Dad chose was stunning (can't remember the name :-/)
We have been back since for deli items & lunch and are thrilled to have found such a gem of a place - we really can't recommend The Palm Tree enough!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The food was very good, in fact I would say that my Carbonara was excellent, my husband felt his scampi was a good average .Service was very slow , possibly because the pasta was freshly cooked ..We wanted to sit on the terrace as today was very warm ,it was spoilt because smoking was allowed on the terrace and in the tiny garden . I did mention this but sadly it is not the fault of the very nice waiter who served us .Ash trays were available for smokers.
It was very clean and well worth the visit, but as I dislike the smell of people smoking I will not return...

Reviewed 16 September 2012

A limited review, as I've only visited briefly on two occasions for coffee and a light lunch.
I love the shop frontage and interior design features. So refreshing to be in an environment that reflects the year, A.D. 2012, in central Paignton! There are gorgeous little touches of relative modernity:- ( such as the well known brand name, funky tea-pots) that create an environment of ease and pleasure; plus an excellent take away mini-deli bar with wonderful breads and new brand teas/soft drinks etc.
The garden area is a little oasis, with an elevated decked shaded area and ramp down to a sunnier open decked space. The large, unutilised, herb- bed could be more usefully placed in the borders of the, as yet, unused lawn area. This would free up a substational premium dining space. The pulsating, enormous extractor fan expelling strong cooking odours over the top deck needs some thought too. Ashtrays are visibly available in a stack, which is a little disappointing in an environment that clearly aims to be something more. Perhaps they could be placed far far beyond the picket gate, away from diners.
The day time menu and menu board is crowded and needs reconsideration, as well as possible reduction of similar meals and meals that are rarely requested. Better to have twelve top-notch meals than a melange of diversity that is beyond the capacity of the kitchen, when catering for a sudden influx of guests at the same time.( This was dealt with most graciously and correct procedures were followed. Drinks first, apologies and re-assurances that would have melted the most hardened restaurant critic.) I was in no hurry. It was a joy to sit back and relax in the sunlight and witness fantastic customer service.
Of course I'm being pedantic. This is because The Palm Tree is almost, yes really! Almost that place that I want to rave about objectively as being THE place to dine/experience in Paignton at the standard it knows it's aiming to reach.
The staff are wonderfully passionate and concerned and they listen to and respond well to positive and constructive feedback.
Personally,subjectively, I've loved these two brief experiences and felt mighty happy, relaxing with lovely blended teas and a light snack. I really am looking forward to next spring/summer. Unlike others in the area, this is the newest of the new that may well turn out to be the one that really makes it. I do hope so.