“An amazing experience with fantastic food”
Review of Anastasia's Russian Tea Room - CLOSED

Anastasia's Russian Tea Room
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: European, Russian, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Anastasia's Russian Tea Room is located in the centre of Paignton on the English Riviera. With the historic ties between Russia and Torbay becoming evident and the ongoing growth in the relationship, the Tea Rooms offer a superb introduction to Russian cuisine and life. With a warm decor and very friendly staff you will enjoy the extensive selection of food and drink available. The collection of Russian matryoshka, samovar and other handmade goods adds to the ambiance.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing experience with fantastic food”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Ive never reviewed anything before but Visited the tea rooms for a friends birthday and all ten of us agreed it was fantastic! Great host who is passionate about the food and provides a great experience topped with great food!! Give it a try !!!

1 Thank Adamjfa

Paignton
“Second time, twice as nice!”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

This place is starting to feel like my second home! The borsch and new Russian stew are definitely the thing to eat at this time of year. Look forward to returning soon.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Annette H
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Anastasia's Russian Tea Room: evocative and beautiful”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We had a delicious Borscht and home-baked rye bread and drank Anastasia's own special tea mix and had a lovely chat with Alan , the friendly and approachable owner. Being half-Russian myself, I felt quite at home within the decor and enjoyed the familiar beetroot soup. Thank you Alan, for a lovely stopover at your beautiful place! Magdalene Tamara Callea

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Magdalene C
Brixham, England, United Kingdom
“lovely food, excellent service, highly recommended”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

My friend and I were having a shopping day out without the husbands and I had read the reviews on here and we decided to give it as try , we are very glad we did , the young lady who served us was lovely and couldn't do enough food us, the owner was great and told us some stories about being in Russia , very different to England! We decided to go for the Russian food , I had their most gorgeous pasta dumplings and sour cream while my friend went for the Beef stroganoff which she said was lovely, we were persuaded to try the honey cake , it was too die for :) very highly recommended will be going back soon.

• Visited November 2012
“Great food.”
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

When this little tea room changed into a Russian one my fiancée wanted to go there, I went with her and her sister and they had the Russian cuisine and so did I, can't flat it at all, we go to Russia once a year and the food was on par to what we have out there, the borch ( excuse the spelling) or soup/broth was excellent, the pirishki (excuse my spelling agian) was amazing, and the what I call dumpling forgot the nameof them were good aswell, owners were friendly and fiancée and her sister were talking to them in Russian, the other gentleman working was polite and professional, we are always going here when time allows and I hope they stay and do well