“Where are you now?”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Where are you now?”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

PLEASE do not say you have closed (ceased trading)?!

Your telephone number is not recognised and your website says you are closed until May?!

My Wife and I were hoping to make a reservation, this weekend, completely regardless of other less than positive feedback, for this weekend, for our 10 year anniversary.

We are REALLY saddened to find we can not make a reservation, or know know where you might have moved too?! Have you moved, or closed, for good?!

• Visited August 2013
10 Thank AandE2013

Linlithgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Cook your own meal!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was caught up by the hype and the novelty of the 'Steak on a Stone' and made a serious effort to dine here.
To a degree this was a mistake as I did not enjoy my steak as much as i should - had it been cooked professionally to my liking (rare) then it would probably have been a good steak. However sitting waiting for it to cook on the slab at the table whilst all the accompaniments are cooling off doesn't work for me.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming and explained how the slab worked - but it didn't work for me!
I wouldn't go back.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Colin H
Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The steak was ok, but nothing special”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I went with my partner as it was a rare evening without the children. We both ordered the steaks on the stones. The owner was keen to tell us about his steaks and how well hung they were, however i dont feel they were much different from what we could have bought anywhere else, and twice the price. I think you pay for the novelty of cooking your own dinner, a well thought out marketing strategy in my eyes.

It was nice, but a think i could have found a steak like that in many pubs, with the reviews and price i was hoping for a exceptional meal.

• Visited August 2013
Devon
“yum yum yum”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Really super tender steaks. Veg and chips were okay, nothing special. Simple restaurant with great service. We enjoyed and will return

Visited August 2013
2 Thank DevonBluefish
Paignton, Devon
“Something different”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

If you want a delicious steak and fancy something a bit different then Cattlemans is the place to go.......because you get to cook your own steak. We love it.

Visited October 2013