“A surreal Italian experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Italian Job - CLOSED

The Italian Job
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Is a relaxed italian & mediterranean restaurant. The restaurant appeal lies not only in its seasonal country cooking, but also in its natural warmth and effortless italian charm. FAVOURITES Include breakfast all day bruschetta, pizza, pasta. Italian full menu.
Paignton, United Kingdom
“A surreal Italian experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I can't believe that we didn't find this before now. A real outpost of Italy . . . . . in Paignton. We went at lunchtime and had the 2 course meal deal. Opted for the £6.95 version, rather than the £4.95. It was surreal to be sat with the Hyde Road traffic going by, but with Italian radio as background music, rather than Radio 2. Decor basic italian, and the food was lovely - obviously cooked to order. I had the "Loco" starter - caprese salad with ham. We both had fettucine in a tomatoey sauce with chilli and chicken strips, though the chicken wasn't the best. I agree with AandM that it would probably be best in a crowd - only one other personeating whilst we were there. The room was also cold. But please try it as a great alternative to eating out in Paignton. Thanks to AandM for the tip about taking your own wine.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mary B

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is a real gem of a restaurant that is mainly opens during the day but has extended to Friday and Saturday nights. The food is wonderful and amazing value. You take your own wine so it really is a very affordable night out. My advice would be to go as a crowd as not many people know about it yet and so you need to create a bit of your own atmosphere.
Please tell your friends as I really want this restaurant to stay around.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Emanuele F, Proprietario at The Italian Job, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Paignton, United Kingdom
“first visit but not the last”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Yes, our 1st visit, we live about 3 miles away, what took us so long I do not know
We are a retired couple and try to 'eat out' once a week.The 'Italian Job' is definitely on our list from now on
We enjoyed every minute of it, the greeting, the service, the food and the price,what more can I say?
Congratulations to all at the 'Italian Job'
P.S. The credit card machine broke down! What a shame' We did manage to scrape up enogh cash... [Even that gave us a laugh at the end of the evening]

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Emanuele F, Proprietario at The Italian Job, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
thanks so much, for your visit, I wait for you soon,
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Amazing food better than dominos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I went in there to try something different and I have loved it ever since so cheap as well i recommend it to everyone i see amazing go go go there

Emanuele F, Proprietario at The Italian Job, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Paignton
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I went to The Italian job with my boyfriend and 4 friends on Saturday 19th October. What a fantastic night we had. The food was excellent and good prices. The service was excellent too. And they were such lovely friendly people who made you feel so welcome. You could even bring your own wine which was fantastic for us. I definitely recommended this place to everyone and I will defiantly be going back again. 10/10

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Emanuele F, Proprietario at The Italian Job, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
thanks for the visit,