“Really good!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Italian Job - CLOSED

The Italian Job
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Is a relaxed italian & mediterranean restaurant. The restaurant appeal lies not only in its seasonal country cooking, but also in its natural warmth and effortless italian charm. FAVOURITES Include breakfast all day bruschetta, pizza, pasta. Italian full menu.
“Really good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I really love this food! I've been lots of times and the chef surprised me every single time.
You can choose among a wide variety of starters, pasta and pizza. Two different lunch menus are available at a very good price. And the Italian desserts... Absolutely delicious. Should taste them!
I'd recommend to my friends anytime. Congratulations.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC IN EVERY WAY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We dined at this restaurant on Friday 28th Feb. The occasion was my niece's 18th birthday and there were lots of us! Firstly, the waitress was amazing! Friendly, professional and very efficient. The ambience was brilliant - you felt like you were in a traditional Italian restaurant. And the food.......quite simply was excellent in every way. Very traditional, authentic Italian and far and away the best food I have had in the longest time. The menu is vast and caters for all. I will be back in that restaurant like a shot - it suits all budgets and you are guaranteed a good night. Well done to the chef for accommodating us that night - I hope you are here for a long time to come!

newton abbot
“Get a Pizza the Action....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I lived in Italy for a year, and soon preferred the simple honesty of road-side cafes.
The Italian Job upholds this, with food typically from the centre-south, enhanced by
the quicker service of the north.
I tried the more time-critical lunchtime menu, ate well, and had time to spare.
So, if you're tired of the insipid uniformity of "cater-pub" give here a try.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very well priced food with excellent service. Ordered from the Lunch time set menu and couldn't fault the food. I hope more people find out about this gem!

We specifically set out to eat here as someone else recommended it, but wouldn't have noticed it otherwise as it looked closed! We were still unsure when stood outside!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Food OK, but otherwise dissappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Have passed here often and felt I should give this place a try as it looks interesting, but is never that busy.

I was asked if I had reserved and when I said I hadn't was told it might be possible to fit me in, although whilst there I only saw one other table was occupied!

The Italian music played was hardly relaxing and too loud so I felt spoilt what atmosphere there may have been, although in any case the place was rather bland.

The waitress was pleasant, but unfortunately had rather limited English so it was hard to communicate.

The food was a redeeming factor, and whilst the fillet was over-priced, the rest was fair value. Thought I would be impressed by the coffee, as Italian restaurants are usually good with this, but sadly was not.

Perhaps I went on an "off" night, but will not be hurrying back to visit.

Visited November 2013