“Fantastic food and service at a great value!”
Review of East in the West

East in the West
Ranked #9 of 189 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Myself and a friend visited on a Thursday evening for a laid back meal out and chose east in the west based on feedback from friends.

We were both so impressed right from the welcome we received, the staff were so friendly and attentive whilst also leaving us to chat and enjoy our meal without interruptions.

I ordered chicken shashlik and coconut rice, both were amazing. The chicken was incredibly tasty and moist with a delicious garnish, the sauces they serve it with are the tastiest thing I think I've ever had in an Indian restaurant! I also urge you to try the coconut rice if visiting as it's so much better than just plain rice.

The decor and atmosphere really set this off as one of the nicest restaurants in Torbay in my opinion, and if you like Indian food you should definitely pay East in the West a visit. To top it all off, it was incredibly reasonable, under £20 each with starter and sides.

I will definitely be returning and recommending this restaurant to all my friends and family!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Definitely one of the best meals I've gad at an Indian restaurant, and I grew up in Bradford so have sampled lots of curries! The restaurant itself has been refurbished to a good standard; classy not gaudy. The staff were attentive, friendly and helpful. The food arrived on time, hot, and well presented. The tikka masala came in what looked like a mini coal bucket! Kept it warm and allowed more space on the table. The food was very tasty, even the garnish was delicious, and the portions just right. We were also pleasantly surprised when we got the bill too. So all in all, can't really fault it! Great meal, thanks guys :)

1  Thank Alexis E
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This fab restaurant was booked by my sister who had dined twice before and loved it! The decor is very modern and the atmosphere is great. The service was friendly and attentive and the food was gorgeous! The menu was very different from any Indian restaurant I have dined in, I did not recognise many dishes. Both my sister and I loved our meals. I will definitely be returning soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

the food here is fantastic. The staff are helpful but not intrusive. It has had a refurb recently and the new décor is really well done.
the star here is the food, great flavours, good portions and served in quirky pots. An absolute delight and we will be back again.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

we were on holiday and arranged to meet friends and family,this restaurant was very posh and upmarket to what we were used too.the service was very friendly and they took time to answer our questions about the food.the food was amazing but I would recommend anything your not sure about ask before you order,i/we will eat here again it is dearer to what we are used too but you pay for quality..top curry..