“Top Standard!!!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Top Standard!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of the best Indian restaurants ever.
Having watched the cookery show of Chef Dinesh in torquay food festival I decided to visit East in the west for a family meal. We had a warm welcome on arrival and the staffs were very attentive and helpful. Food was served in copper buckets which I think was a clever idea. I should say having had Indian meal in different regions in UK, this was the best ever Indian I've had. Very different and tasty with top notch service. Well done to Dinesh & team.

• Visited May 2014

“Very nice dining experience”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Food was excellent and so was the service. Nice friendly staff and a comfortable setting. Highly recommend this place. I had the biryani and it was very nice.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“A Fantastic Indian Restaurant (May 2014)”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was having a couple of nights stay in Paignton with my wife, on the evening of 8th May we went to the East in the West resturant. We were greeted by a very nice waiter who was polite and nothing was to much trouble for him. We were given a menu which had curries specifically to this restuarant, the dishes were based on north Indian cuisine. They do have a traditional menu with food that is on offer as in all Indian Restaurants. We chose food from the special menu, I have to say the curry was absolutley superb making the normal Madras rather bland. If you want good Indian food then look no further, if there was a rating of 6 I would give it on the food we had here. The restuarant setting is rather rustic but I felt it added charm of the meal, I think if you want a meal on a Friday or Saturday you would need to book as the restuarant is not very big. We met the chef and he was a very clean looking man, and wow can he make a curry.

Wilton, Connecticut
“Want to go back”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The pepper lamb was one of the very best meals I ever had anywhere regardless of cuisine type. Beautifully balanced sensation of spices, mint, and textures. Pleasant decor and caring service was an additional plus. I live thousands of miles from this restaurant but am already figuring out how I can go back.

Torquay, United Kingdom
“First Visit”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

A superb meal and service at this Restaurant , my friend had been a bit worried about trying Indian Food but she really enjoyed it , we will certainly go again and will recommend it to our friends