“Upmarket Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is definitely an upmarket Indian, with service and prices to match.
A fairly limited menu . i only had 5 small pieces of chicken in my curry but plenty of sauce....too much actually.i found what seemed like a dried chilly in my dish and i would really expect the chillies to be fresh in an indian restaurant. The food is served in a tin bucket, most strange. Pilau rice portion size is about right but bland compared with most pilaus i have been served.
Overall a fairly tasty meal served with style but not enough food and not spicy enough to warrant 5 stars. i would recommend this restaurant for the fine dining experience but i personally probably wont return as i think better value and indeed variety can be had elsewhere

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Oh my god, where do I start?! The staff members were fantastic and really helpful when asked about dishes on the menu. They are also accomodating if you need to have a dish slightly altered. Compared to other Indian restaurants, the menu is slightly limited, but the dishes they do have more than make up for it! My boyfriend had their take on butter chicken and thoroughly enjoyed it, and I had the Peppery Lamb. I asked whether it was possible to make it less spicy than normal and the staff members were more than happy to make this change for me. It was the best indian dish I have ever tasted and would recommend that anyone eating here to try it!

The service was excellent, and between ordering the food and it coming out to the table was about 20 mins! It is also really good value for money!

The experience was completed by a few personal touches, like using our first names and asking us where we were from and how we were. It was a very enjoyable expereience and we will definitely return if we are ever back in Paignton again!! Thanks!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our first time eating an Indian in Paignton - the food was good (not as tasty as our locals) but the service and overall feel of the restaurant was very good. Their 5-star food hygiene rating was reassuring too.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a very good evening. The attention to detail and the staff were really helpful and friendly.
The food was excellent - could not fault anything

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Visited with my wife and friend who actually lives in Paignton.Each time my wife and I visit our friend we make a visit to this wonderful restaurant.Staff are so polite and the food is excllent.We will be back again Sandy Kevin and Stan