“Best Indian Meal I've EVER HAD”
Review of East in the West

East in the West
Ranked #13 of 191 Restaurants in Paignton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We visited last week with our children and are still telling everyone how incredible this place is!
The decor was beautiful, with dark wood and purple furnishings. The pictures on the wall were full of colour and we particularly loved the one of the brightly coloured sari's opposite our table.
The staff were friendly and welcoming. My husband who is Bangladeshi wanted something different (whereas I always go for the same thing!) and he was extremely pleased with the dish that was recommended to him. The food was served in beautiful pots which are usually found in South India. The children both said it was their favourite ever curry and my husband and I both agree.
Despite it being the middle of the week and quite early, it was already busy, which is a good sign.
We hope we can visit this fantastic restaurant again. It was very memorable. Thank you.

2  Thank MissMagik

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a couple of days in paighton.visited this restaurant,what a find .staff lovely ,food excellent .well worth a visit if your in paigton. Probably one of the best indian restaurants we've been to,and beleve me we've tried a few!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Unfortunately when restaurants get busy and popular invariably the service levels slip. Have been and eaten at this restaurant in December, took a while to get the food, very 'pretty' on the plate but was tasty. Decided on a take away from here in January, bad move........Had to wait for over 1.5 hours for the food, went to collect it and still not ready, eventually they gave me the bag apologising for the wait. Got home to find order not correct, a full meal was missing, tried to phone them and they would not answer the phone, very frustrating as we had visitors with young children staying. Contacted them the next day, said they had messed up, have still not gone back to get my money for a meal back, or have been there for a meal since, always go around the corner to Ganges, get great service there.

1  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is definitely an upmarket Indian, with service and prices to match.
A fairly limited menu . i only had 5 small pieces of chicken in my curry but plenty of sauce....too much actually.i found what seemed like a dried chilly in my dish and i would really expect the chillies to be fresh in an indian restaurant. The food is served in a tin bucket, most strange. Pilau rice portion size is about right but bland compared with most pilaus i have been served.
Overall a fairly tasty meal served with style but not enough food and not spicy enough to warrant 5 stars. i would recommend this restaurant for the fine dining experience but i personally probably wont return as i think better value and indeed variety can be had elsewhere

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Oh my god, where do I start?! The staff members were fantastic and really helpful when asked about dishes on the menu. They are also accomodating if you need to have a dish slightly altered. Compared to other Indian restaurants, the menu is slightly limited, but the dishes they do have more than make up for it! My boyfriend had their take on butter chicken and thoroughly enjoyed it, and I had the Peppery Lamb. I asked whether it was possible to make it less spicy than normal and the staff members were more than happy to make this change for me. It was the best indian dish I have ever tasted and would recommend that anyone eating here to try it!

The service was excellent, and between ordering the food and it coming out to the table was about 20 mins! It is also really good value for money!

The experience was completed by a few personal touches, like using our first names and asking us where we were from and how we were. It was a very enjoyable expereience and we will definitely return if we are ever back in Paignton again!! Thanks!