“brilliant but terrible too”
Review of The Vindaloo

The Vindaloo
Ranked #38 of 47 Quick Bites in Paignton
Reviewed 23 September 2018

I had a half a tandoori chicken and a portion of chips last night. The chicken was the best tandoori I have ever had although it could have been a bit hotter I really enjoyed it 9.5/10. However the chips were the worst i've had, I would swear they were oven chips which I hate as they were dry and claggy it's the first time in years I had to get a drink after a couple of mouthfuls as they stuck in my throat. It is such a shame as they used to be the best chips around and were freshly cooked in oil 2/10

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Richard S

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Ordered take away last Sunday week. Chicken tikka masali, and prawn korma. Delivery time was about right guided time. Food was very bland, no taste, and luke warm. Ended up with bad stomach. Not used this take away in two years, and definitely will not be going back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Waited quite a while (collect). balti was definitely not a balti like anything we have ever had. more like a tandoori tikka masala. Korma half decent but lord knows what they he gone to king prawns. saag paneer, cheese was cremated first. disappointed as had been told place was brilliant. looks like we gotta shop around for a good indian takeaway in our new home town.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2018

We stayed at the Waterside Holiday Park and ordered a delivery to the Park. Within the time stated the car arrived and our order was correct and piping hot.

Food was tasty and well priced.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 9 February 2018

we had 2 delivered takeaways from here recently I had tandoori half chicken and chips and swapped the naan bread for poppadoms. The first delivery the food was cold and the portions of chips both times have shrunk a lot compared to past deliveries by the time I got half way through the chicken it was stone cold maybe better to pick it up than have it delivered. The second time it was nice and hot but my sons cheese naan bread was a case of hunt the cheese and see if you can find any. First delivery food 6/10. second delivery 7.5/10

Date of visit: February 2018