See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I spent one night here on a SWCP walk; stayed in a single room that was very well equipped in addition to being clean and with a 'new feel' to it - seemed to have been renovated recently.

The bathroom was in the corridor, but it was a pleasant surprise for a single room to have a very big private bathroom with an excellent shower - great after a long day's walk to have some space to hang clothes. A bathrobe was provided for late night walks; this was much appreciated.

The proprietors were very helpful and friendly and dealt very well with my particular dietary needs.

There is a guest lounge which was also new, clean and inviting; with some books and games to use.

The wall to the neighbouring room was quite thin and the guests, unfortunately, very noisy in the late evening as well as in the middle of the night (on their return from a club I assume). The proprietors said that they would happily be woken up to deal with it if it happens again, so don't hesitate if it happens to you!

I recommend it and would stay there again if I go there.

Room tip: Not sure if there are more than one single room but if you're travelling on your own ask for the room with the big private bathroom.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed at this guest house as I was attending the Historic Oldway Mansion for a Argentine Tango festival and it was within easy walking distance. I have always stayed in large hotels and now I have no idea why as this was the warmest welcome I have ever received from anywhere I have ever stayed! Nothing was too much trouble and the atmosphere was very relaxed, friendly and it felt like you were part of their family and friends. I only wish I could've stayed longer to unwind and relax a little bit more and make the most of being so close to the sea front. I hope I get the chance to return again sooner rather than later!

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2011

stayed here for 2 nights while in the area at the end of september during our honeymoon. we checked in late and the owner, miranda was very understanding and helped us get parked and up to our room as we had a lot of bags and our 18 month old too!

the room was a good size, the one at the front with the balcony, and had enough room to get our cot in too. lovely facilities, great breakfast and very welcoming. overall a great place to stay and the pub over the road had a really good live band on the friday night, food and drinks were good and the owner and staff were all very friendly. would definately stay here again if in the area

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This guest house provided my wife and I with a much needed sanctuary at a low time. The owners and their staff provide excellent facilities and breakfasts are superb in quantity as well as quality. Rooms are clean and cosy with mod cons etc. The welcome from Miranda the owner is as good if not better than a lot of places we have stayed, nothing seems to be too much trouble at any time. We will definitely be going back and would happily recommend a stay to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I was pleasantly surprised to find on my arrival, that due to my booking for a week, had been upgraded from a single room to a double ensuite at no extra cost. I also liked the room only but the option of a breakfast at the weekend for a small extra charge. The owners were very welcoming, friendly and helpful, phoning taxis if required etc and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Room tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have best views.
Date of stay: June 2011