See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We booked the Culverden for a weekend trip to the Torbay area. Paul met us at the door and we were quickly shown our room. I could not fault the cleanliness of the room, or the rest of the property. Miranda and Paul are great hosts and produced an excellent breakfast for us in the mornings. They are a great couple who obviously try very hard to please their guests, We had one little niggle which we rather jokingly spoke to Paul about as we left. He was quite concerned about it, and by the time we had returned home there was an e-mail from Miranda thanking us for pointing it out and assuring us that it would be changed first thing in the morning. The location is superb, the quality is excellent and I can thoroughly recommend the Culverden to anybody looking for a stay in Torbay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Great value for money Guest House with very friendly owners. Great location and possibly the best full English Breakfast I have ever had.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed at Culverden for a couple of nights over the Jubilee bank holiday weekend. Overall, we thought it was great value for money - why? - Culverden is virtually on the beach front, Miranda and Paul deliver a great personable and friendly service. There are many B&B's within spitting distance of Culverden, but the premium rates you'd end up paying isn't worth it, simply because Culverden offer a superb alternative for an affordable rate. In addition, their breakfast offering is flexible and delicious, their rooms are clean and comfortable and the town centre is a short walk - less than 10 minutes.
Our only negative comment would be, the showers lacked a bit of force - no big deal to be honest, we'd stay their again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I do a lot of business travel and have done for a number of years. Out of all the many places I've stayed the Culverden Guest House in Paignton is by far my best experience in terms of service and value you for money. You can stay at the Premier Inn, Travelodge etc but, in my opinion, you won't get the same level of service that you would from Miranda and Paul. Honestly folks, if you're reading this with the intentions of vacating in Paignton or even heading there on a business trip I would highly recommend the Culverden Guest House. Thanks again for your hospitality M&P! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am extremely difficult to accommodate and like things to be right! This guest house was the most friendly and welcoming I have ever stayed at. The entire place is spotless (I also had a snoop around), the showers were powerful and the water always hot. There was the feminine touch at every turn, cotton-wool buds, shampoos, toiletries, the lot! The owners deserve four stars just for their commitment and friendliness. And then there was the jewel in the crown, the breakfasts!! I counted nine different items on the plate itself, which was accompanied by tea, toast, jams, fruit juices and cereals. I saved a tenner by not having to buy any lunch!! This hotel is the business!! I will be advising anyone and everybody I know to experience this gem of a B & B for themselves. Well done Paul and Miranda, we will be visiting soon.

Room Tip: Ask bout the family room, it`s massive!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business