“lovely stay at preston sands”

Preston Sands Hotel
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“lovely stay at preston sands”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

what a lovely stay at preston sands hotel, brilliant staff, brilliant location, lovely spacious clean room, eddie just lovely and nothing was too much trouble, will definitely be returning again, the only down side was the portion sizes breakfast could be improved a tad to offer 2 of everything with more toast on offer, but apart form that it was fab x

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights.... Loved every minute .Had a balcony room, with stunning views. (room 2).. Staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Our room was clean, and the food was great. The position of this hotel is one of the best in Paignton !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My friend and I stayed at The Preston Sands Hotel for my birthday. We were met by Eddie who showed us to our room. Booked a room overlooking the bay and it was beautiful well worth paying the extra. The room was clean and tidy, food was excellent with a very good choice. The gammon was the best I have tasted. The service was really good with plenty of friendly staff. The views from the bar are outstanding. Well done Eddie keep up the good work. Will be back!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a sea-view room or one with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank wongieUnitedKingdom
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

What a pleasant surprise considering its a 2star hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff served extremely good food, with a choice of meals from the menu.
Entertainment not too bad, most enjoyable.
The hotel as had lots of improvement, care, and attention since we last visited.
We had a rearly good time.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, it's a fabulous view. Higher floors has less entertainment noise. Hotel doe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed recently at the Preston sands hotel for a long weekend,with a party of friends.We all enjoyed it very much .Eddie the host was very hands on and made sure every body enjoyed theire stay .Bedrooms we're comfy ,the food was good ,the staff were excellent,entertainment was good .I would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: A sea view is a must.Although I had a rear view with a train line running by .I love trains so it di...
Tidworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

As a party of 30 OAPs we stayed at the Preston Sands and can honestly say this was one of the best holidays that we have ever had. The manager Eddy was very friendly and welcoming and could not do enough for us a real asset in this hotel ,the meals were very good and varied and most important served hot by friendly waitresses who worked extremely hard to serve us all in good time, as did the chef with his cooking. The room my partner and I had looked over the sea and at night you could lay in bed and look at the lovely moon light shining on the bay.Entertainment (although not every night) was top class and we have heard a lot worse in some five star hotels. Eddy arranged bingo for us most evenings before the entertainment and this was a hit for our members, thanks Eddy.The only small criticism we had it would have been nice to have had a small table on the balcony and a shelf in the shower room to put our toilet bags on instead of on the floor.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea view.
1 Thank Sydney H
Reviewed 19 May 2014

my friend & I stayed at Preston Sands hotel recently & enjoyed it very much. Eddie the manager was very friendly & helpful he was very concerned when I was not very well & even brought me breakfast to my room. both my friend & I had mobility scooters and were grateful to the staff who helped us with them. my friend had been to the hotel before Eddy took over and says it has improved greatly since she last visited. the food was good helpings generous. Plenty of choices for breakfast. I did suggest to Eddie that an extra rail on the steps so people could hold two rails would be helpful as the front steps are quite daunting We have booked to come again in September so Eddie hope you can have a hand rail fitted by then. Joyce & Jen fromWolverhampton

Room Tip: We werepleased to have ground floor rooms.