“Thank You for another lovely holiday”
Review of Summerhill Hotel

Summerhill Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I have been visiting Summerhil several times a year for the last 12 years. Always a lovely holiday no matter what the weather is like. Lovely clean and bright rooms. Good position close to beach. Wonderful views of sea during breakfast. Food superb both for breakfast and evening meals. I look forward to my visits next year.

Room Tip: I personally like the rooms with balconies. Lovely to sit out with a coffee
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Easy to find with plenty of car parking, especially for Paignton. Very near to Goodrington Sands and the park with its boating lake and wonderful views from the restaurant. A well cooked breakfast is offered with plenty of choice and it's served to you by friendly and efficient staff. The Hotel it's self is a very attractive building with much character, the room we had was fine with an exeptionally comfortable mattress with a good en-suite bathroom. Debbie, the owner was very obliging and nothing seemed to be too much trouble, we will certainly try and book when next time we visit family in Paignton.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sladesbridge
Reviewed 14 June 2011

From the moment we arrived at Summerhill and were greeted with a warm and genuine welcome. we were very impressed with the customer service and facilities of the hotel. The room was spotlessly clean, the breakfasts were excellent and every member of the staff were unfailingly helpful and friendly.
As a regular business traveller, I am very aware that this high level of service is all too rare in the hospitality sector. 42 years of running this establishment has not diminished the owner´s enthusiam one bit. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank VincentBurke
Reviewed 23 October 2010

This is our second visit to this hotel and I cannot recommend it highly enough, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hosts Debbie, Jose and Peter were absolutely fantastic and very very obliging. Would not stay anywhere else in Devon now and will definitely be staying there again. The food was spectacular, so our thanks go to Jose for his culinary skills, all three hosts went out of their way to make our stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeanCardiff
Reviewed 1 September 2010

This hotel has panaramic views over the west side of Torbay. A very well looked after, clean hotel with various rooms at reasonable prices. The breakfast menu is excellent and dinner and small bar are also available during the evening for those visitors that choose to stay in. The staff are very pleasant, respectful and helpful. Having experienced several hotels in the Torbay area over recent years, I would highly recommend this hotel as one of our favourites. The best recommendation?.... We will be going back and booking early!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TandJ186370
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I am an Italian woman. I went in Paington from 8 August to 22 August. I spent there 15 days studying English. I came there alone and I would say thank you for the friendly and kindly hospitality that I was given during my staying. I felt myself at home! Breakfast was really fantastic, too!!! And the hotel was so quiet !!! Great !!! Thank you for all with my heart!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ROBERTA71_29
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The staff are all friendly and helpfull in this family run business nothing is too much trouble; the breakfasts are excellent with a good choice - a real set you up for the day meal! The rooms are clean and tidy with on suite bathrooms and tea / coffee making facilities, which, are replenished each day. We had initially booked for severn days but were so impressed we extended our stay for a few more days. The resturant serves good quality food freshly prepared with again excellent service; We would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple