Bella Vista
  • Restaurant
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Orbitz.com
All reviewssea frontcooked breakfastdefinately stay hereroom was cleanfull englisheasy walking distanceone nightprivate bathrooman overnight stayexcellent locationrecommend staying herehigh streetbreakfast was excellenttea coffeea couple of minutes walkon arrivalsingle room
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Wife and I stayed 14th-15th September I arrived late in the evening but our host Jackie was awaiting my arrival showed me were to park and gave me a great welcome. The B&B is ideally situated close enough to everything but far enough away as to not be bothered by the hustle. Room was well appointed and clean with tea and coffee with extra for a small charge. The patio area located at the front was a nice way to round off the day chatting with the other guests and swapping the days stories. I would recommend a stay here as the breakfast makes up for some other little things that may put you off.

Room Tip: First floor front as its a better view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Splinter42
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The Bella Vista is located very near to the beach and shops but is also very near to a pub and a night club. Our room looked out over the pub car park and it was extremely noisy until about 3am. The room and en suite were clean. We were asked what we wanted for breakfast as we booked in and were told that it would be served at 8,30am - absolutely no flexibiliy so no chance of a lie in. The full English was served luke warm (probably due to the fact that everyone has to have breakfast at the same time) and I had 3 hairs mixed in with my bacon. The cornflakes were already in bowls on our table and were not very fresh and the milk was not cold. There were also slices of bread on the table uncovered. We were booked in for two nights but only stayed one We regularly stay at B & Bs but, unfortunately, this won't be one that we will return to.

Room Tip: Room 5 looks out over pub car park and is very noisy
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SUE B
Reviewed 13 August 2012

It was a late booking and I had a lot of trouble locating accomodation as i required a triple room, thankfully Bella Vista had availability. The best aspect was without doubt the location, literaly just behind the sea front and parallel to the main tourist drag which led onto the shopping area. The free parking was also a blessing, and perfectly adequate on the grassed area in front of Bella Vista.
Intial impressions of Bella Vista however werent that good, when we first entered there was a funny smell (dog, old smoke, damp musty??) in the entrance hallway which we remarked on each time we entered, but thankfully this deminished as you ventured upto the rooms. Our room itself was just as pictured and was beautifully clean, spacious and comfortable, yes the ensuite was tiny but spotlessy clean and more than adequate for three females to share. only small gripe was the towels, mis matched and showing their age but again clean and softish.

Above gripes were minor and no way impacted on the enjoyment of our stay but what really did worry me was a safety issue. We were right at the top of the house (two flights of steep stairs) and imediately outside our room was a fire door, i didnt notice it the first night as it was wedged open, but the secound night i saw the sign on it "fire door, keep shut at all times" so i moved the wedge and shut the door. After all it was there for a reason and obviously should anything untoward occur during the night we wouldnt have a chance of getting down two flights of stairs to the front door. Next morning i woke to find the door wedged open again! who and why they opened it i dont know but i can only say its there for a reason and should therefore be used properly!!

Jacquis hospitality cant be faulted, and her breakfast rocks, excellent price for an excellent B and B in a perfect location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank glosflamingo
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in a double room over bank holiday and was very reasonable on price, very well kept and looked after from the outside and in! Jackie the owner was lovely, really friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean throughout, Room was clean, spacious.. fresh clean sheets and towels. en-suite was also spacious and powerful shower, comfy bed. Great location, near enough on the sea front. Breakfast was really nice, we had cereal and full english, tea/coffee, juice and toast. We managed to see into a couple of the single rooms in the hotel too and they both looked comfy and spacious too. Plenty leaflets available for local attractions. Minor issue was parking, there is limited space outside the hotel - there is grass however it had been raining very heavily the week before we went so was very muddy/large puddles so we couldnt park there. There are all day car parks near by, £5 for the day and then you can move to the side bays after 6pm overnight for free which we did and had no problems.

Overall would recommend this hotel and would definately go back :-)

Room Tip: Try and reserve parking space before you go, if not there are plenty places around.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunlove06
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I chose this B&B based on Price, location, and Parking, and it was great on all three counts.
I doubt it could be beaten in Paignton on value for money, the single room was not huge but entirely practical for my needs for one night. Parking was off road and right outside the front door - perfect! I was welcomed by the host, and enjoyed a pleasant sleep on a comfortable bed. Tea & Cofee facilities as you would expect and a superb small flat screen telly in the room.
Breakfast was server in a very pleasant breakfast room, with a choice becoming a 4 star hotel! After my cereals and juice I had a freshly cooked Full English, with a pot of tea (& hot water) and toast marmalade/jam. First class.
The host assisted me with my onward travel plans, and I plan to return here again when I can.

Room Tip: Smaller rooms are on first floor I believe, so maybe additional stairs to family rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo