“Near The Zoo, Big Portion”
Review of Noahs Ark

Noahs Ark
Ranked #56 of 182 Restaurants in Paignton
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Noahs Ark is a child friendly restaurant. Menu consists of large wholesome meals from locally sourced steaks to freshly prepared pasta dishes. All main meals include a visit to our fresh salad bar but please dont pile it too high as our chefs are well known for their large portions!Love football?? We show every live sky sports game on 3 flat screen tv's and one 14ft full HD projector and screen, and dont worry if your local team clashes with another as we have the availability of showing 3 different games on our tele's. If your having a party don't hesitate to look at our downstairs function room which will hold parties of 25-60 with comfort, however if your party is a little bigger don't worry we will always cater for you in the pub itself!
lazy_kitty
“Near The Zoo, Big Portion”
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We went there after a visit to the zoo. It's just down the road n u can't missed it with a big ship design. Inside the atmosphere was ok, like any ordinary modern pub. Clean n tidy. Service was good. We sat outside n the server came out to check on us a few times. Free salad bar for every main meal ordered. Coleslaw was not up to my standard. Think it's been there a while n mayo has become watery, maybe it's because off-peak hours. Portion was bigger than wat u expect. My partner had ribs n rump, he like it as the rump was soft. I had ribs n chicken breast. I didn't like the breast as its bit dry n ribs was just ok, cud do better. But we r full up! Therefor I only gave a mid review.

• Visited August 2013
Alex M, Manager at Noahs Ark, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Hello Lazy_kitty
Thank you for your review on our restaurant in paignton and telling us about the issues you found when you visited our establishment, and can I apologise on the delay of my response.
I would like you to inform me of the day you visited the Noah’s and around what time you dined with us, as we have very stringent guidelines on how we keep the salad bar and a rota so that the salad must be checked every hour. I must apologise that during one of these periods you found that the coleslaw was not up to your standards and if you had informed the bar-person on duty we would have changed it immediately.
Can I also apologise that you found your chicken dry as we cook it on our char-grill in order to seal in all the juice and flavours within the breast. Our ribs are locally sourced and are seasoned with our own recipe and usually receive rave reviews, and so I must apologise again.
I will follow the this response with my own personal contact details in order to try and gain further detail of when you joined us and hopefully it won’t stop you from using the Noah’s again and receiving the great experience the majority of our customers do when visiting us.
Thank you again for reviewing our restaurant.

Paignton, United Kingdom
“lovely meal”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

On a last min decision we decided to eat hear after a busy day at work and hungry kids. The food was really good and the portions were huge and price wasn't to bad either £40 for four of us , overall was a good meal.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank kate b
Alex M, Manager at Noahs Ark, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Hello Kate B thank you for your kind review on our restaurant in paignton.
We are glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your decision to dine with us at the Noah's and that you found our meals were reasonably priced with and all your family enjoyed it.
we hope that if you haven't yet then you will soon be joining us again before or after a nice family day out.
we look forward to seeing you again soon
“Host is very friendly, glad to visit regularly.”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My girlfriend and I have visited this establishment on several occasions, and now consider it to be our local.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anybody.

2 Thank JayHay79
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Meals at anytime.”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We have eaten at the Noah's Ark in Paignton on a number of occasions, both during the day and in the evening, and can honestly say that the food is always of a very high standard. The service from when you enter until you leave, from the Hello how may I help, to the bye thank you and please come again, is very top notch, with nothing being to much trouble. The "crew" of the Noah's is led by an excellent Captain(Alex) and if you do have a complaint, and the staff cannot help, he will be on the bridge to steer clear of any unwanted bad tastes. The Ark itself is a very open, but welcoming pub, that you can take the kids to, and if you cannot find what you want on the menu, then ask,(we have done this before) and all will be done to accommodate your request.
Overall, a very tidy, tight well run ship with excellent food and atmosphere, that we will definitely be shoving off to again in the very near future.

From a very satisfied and returning customer.

4 Thank Simmo30
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Dinner”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is a typical chain pub, quality of food poor and very basic its fodder rather than tasty.
Cateringing for holiday makers who in this area are very undemanding. There are much better alternatives in the near area. Humpy dumpy tables and chairs quite uncomfortable, very open and barn like interior.

3 Thank iamatm