“Awful breakfast”

Ranked #138 of 182 Restaurants in Paignton
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Essex, Uk
“Awful breakfast”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Such a disappointing breakfast, not what you come to expect from a Premier Inn breakfast. Food had been sitting under heat lamps for a long time, scrambled egg looked like porridge, the sausages were hard and the bacon was all rind. I understand it is busy at breakfast time but would rather wait 15 minutes longer for a better quality breakfast.

We went to the beefeater down the road the next day and had a fantastic breakfast.

Will never eat here again

Visited July 2014
2 Thank psbakerboy

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Good Sunday carvery - kept us fed all day!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visited on a Sunday around 1.30 and it wasn't over busy so we didn't have to queue for carvery. Really good value and there was an excellent choice of vegetables and plenty of meat. (Friend had visited in the off season and had been very disappointed with the carvery as there wasn't much choice and they got the scrag ends of meat and few vegetables left but they had arrived after 2 pm).

Visited July 2014
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Great views, good location, fod bit ropey”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Been here loads on holiday, but this year the food seems to have gone downhill and its not cheap either (average pub price for area) . Great location right on the seafront, plenty of nearby parking, good little softplay area.

• Visited July 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“This restaurant should be shut down! Awful”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Decided to visit inn on the quay for a nice family meal during our holiday as we are keen brewers Faye goers. However this restaurant has degraded so much since we came last year.
As soon as we walked into the garden the disappointment started to set in, better off describing as walking through a a rundown tip, rubbish and smashed glass everywhere, not safe at all.
We entered the restaurant and made our way to the host station to which we waited for a good 10 minutes admiring three staff members leaning against the buffet counter laughing and joking around. Eventually we got seated by a staff member where we had the impression we was a nuisance, not impressed with food and rubbish all over the floor either.
Waited around 15 minutes at the till to place our order again served by a staff member who didn't give a damn.
Myself and my family was quite tempted to walk out at this point and go somewhere more appealing and we wish we did as the evening didn't get any better.
I had to find a staff member 3 times to find out where our starters were after 30 minutes. Eventually they came, my wife had prawn cocktail, To which the prawns were frozen and couldn't eat, I had soup which was ok, it was obvious it had been watered down, I wanted to complain but there were no staff around, we waited a good 45 minutes and no one came to check our starters were ok or ready for our mains, so I had to locate a staff member, I waited by the kitchen door for someone to come out, only to hear screaming and laughing within the kitchen, and I couldn't believe what I saw when the door opened, it was worse than the mess in the garden, it put me off my meal, how food can be prepared and handled in such a dirty kitchen I will never know.
I told the staff member about the problems with my starters who apologised and offered us a free desert and told there is a 1 hour and 30 minute wait on food. Absolutely shocking!
As I complained that no one checked us after our starters we would be prioritised.
Our food came out about 30 minutes later, my wife had lasagne, I had mixed grill and the kids had chicken nuggets. I am in disbelieve to this day how our food was allowed to be presented to us the way it did, the lasagne looked like it had been microwaved for an hour, the chips were re fried ,cold and only 12 of them. My mixed grill was cold and the chicken nuggets were burnt and cold. I complained to a manager about out appalling meals who tried to fob us off with free deserts, I insisted on my money back and call it a day. I couldn't help but notice other customers around me complaining about their meals so I gathered the replacement meals wouldn't be any better.

I have never encountered such a restaurant what is run by incompetent and rood staff and chefs that can't cook. As for the toilets or the only one that was open, I thought public toilets were awful. What a joke!

I'm afraid we will never be returning here again, it's such a shame, we came last year several times and had pleasant meals.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank John W
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Give this restaurant a miss”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Don't go here. Food took over an hour to arrive, awful quality, if we hadn't been starving by the time it arrived we wouldn't have eaten it! Wish we'd packed a picnic and sat on the beach instead.

• Visited July 2014