“Oh dear indeed!”

Totnes, England, United Kingdom
“Oh dear indeed!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Well here we go.
This place is an absolute disgrace. I mean this wholeheartedly and read on to find out why....
So, after a few years of no social life, my wife and I seemed to be having an about turn.. we decided to take the kids, 8 and 2, and my mum, who has been very supportive over the years, out for some lunch. We were in the area and figured that as we have not been there in a couple of years, we would head over to the Inn.. we used to visit it a lot back when we came down to the area for our holidays, it was a nice place with a lovely location.
The location is still good obviously but the place itself has become a shambles. We sat down near the play area naturally having kids. It was about noon so the place was not busy yet. I went to the bar.. strike numero uno!! Ok Ok strike 1. I stood at the bar for roughly 7 minutes with no one in site! not just no other customers but no staff.... I could have easily filled several jugs of ale without notice. Eventually a young fella comes along and takes my drinks order... i return to the table a little mift but still chipper! So we browse the menu and decide what we would like. I return to the bar and its now a little busier and I have to wait in the "food only " line. As I am waiting there are a couple that have to go away to reconsider as they have ordered from the two for a tenner meal option and failed to notice the small asterix note that states "mon-fri" only.... I gave a little chucke!! Hee hee.. amateurs. So after another ten annoying minutes, it is my turn to order..... my champion glee of earlier was soon replaced with utter annoyance as I am told that I cannot order....... wait for it...... sandwiches or light snacks on a saturday or sunday!!!!! This is stated on the menu but you just don't see it... or if you do, you subconsciously ignore it as who on earth wouldnt sell light bites at the weekend....
I return to the table a little hotter under the collar! We revise and I return to the queue, now sympathetic to the couple still stood in line that were previously let down!
I order.
I return to my table. Things are ok, I am relaxing. A few minutes later along comes my burger.. happy days I thought, not bad after all that. I ask the waiter "is the rest coming?" he shrugs in a "I cant speak English" way. So ten mins later my wife decides to go and ask. She comes back saying that they were just cooking it now......
After the manager type of person came over and apologised, we said "take that away, the idea of us going for lunch together is to eat together" They did and after some time, our food came out... together. The burger was awful, it was a frozen cash and carry type bun that fell apart.... terrible. The rest seemed to be ok but I think that they could see I was going to lose it so said it was fine. Here is where I mention that they have increased their prices.... as well as decreasing their menu.... I paid a tenner for a burger and chips with bacon I think and I would have paid the same in my local place that produces home cooked amazing food!! So overpriced rubbish is what we eventually received. Then there was hell on..... the table behind us went crazy at what they had been served.. they couldn't believe what they had got and caused major scenes... it was fun. I have gone on too much so going to cram the rest in.
The soft play area suddenly got ransacked by a local 12+ football team and no staff could do a thing about it. It was us lot with young ones in there that sorted it. I complained to the company and was given a £20 voucher which I tore up.... Not a prayer am I eating there again.
In a nutshell, If you like being fleeced, spending an age queing for below standard food, receiving meals at intervals, picking at your food because it is cut corner nasty then I high;y recommend this place.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank JIM1170

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Sadly Average”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Maybe it was because it was a beautiful evening and I sat outside in the sun - but I expected better of this restaurant. The staff were mostly very helpful and attentive (although the lads behind the bar seemed more interested in whinging about some of their colleagues!). I placed my order at the bar, got my drink and went outside to sit down.

The meal seemed to take an age to turn up so I was well ready for it when it arrived. I had the rack of ribs with chips and salad. The salad was fresh and crispy, the chips light and fluffy.... the ribs were over done I think. Either that or they had been sat under those lights for too long. The pork was tough and the BBQ sauce almost had a skin on it! I had profiteroles for desert and they were excellent!

Overall I expected better for 6pm on a Thursday evening - not exactly peak time I wouldn't have thought. Food was ok but not great, service was ok but not great. I would, however, give the place another chance.

Essex, Uk
“Awful breakfast”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Such a disappointing breakfast, not what you come to expect from a Premier Inn breakfast. Food had been sitting under heat lamps for a long time, scrambled egg looked like porridge, the sausages were hard and the bacon was all rind. I understand it is busy at breakfast time but would rather wait 15 minutes longer for a better quality breakfast.

We went to the beefeater down the road the next day and had a fantastic breakfast.

Will never eat here again

2 Thank psbakerboy
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Good Sunday carvery - kept us fed all day!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visited on a Sunday around 1.30 and it wasn't over busy so we didn't have to queue for carvery. Really good value and there was an excellent choice of vegetables and plenty of meat. (Friend had visited in the off season and had been very disappointed with the carvery as there wasn't much choice and they got the scrag ends of meat and few vegetables left but they had arrived after 2 pm).

Matlock, United Kingdom
“Great views, good location, fod bit ropey”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Been here loads on holiday, but this year the food seems to have gone downhill and its not cheap either (average pub price for area) . Great location right on the seafront, plenty of nearby parking, good little softplay area.

• Visited July 2014