“Duped.Read the small print.”

Brewers Fayre Inn On The Quay
Ranked #116 of 189 Restaurants in Paignton
Price range: US$11 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Inn On The Quay is situated in a prominent position on Goodrington Sands Beach, near Splashdown Water Park & the Paignton to Dartmouth Steam Railway, & has picturesque views over the English Riviera. Many of our friendly & experienced team have worked here for several years & worked their way up to Team Leader & Management positions. We are well known in the community for our freshly cooked pub food - you'll find all your favourites on the menu here!
Reviewed 22 July 2014

There are large signs outside the premises advertising 2 meals for £10.No conditions on the signs.The meals are also "featured" on the menu.We queued to order only to be told that the offer did not apply to weekends.No indication of this on the signs;(why not bring them in out of sight if the offer is not available?).
I read the menu again;the very "small print" says the offer is not available on Bank Holidays (no mention of weekends) but can be withdrawn at any time.
as this is a prime location for families to go(ESPECIALLY on WEEKENDS), I feel they are luring people in with deals that are not available.Maybe not strictly illegal, but certainly not being fair to the hundreds of customers tempted in by the signs and the menu.

3  Thank jeffw829
Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Had food here while staying at premier inn next door. When I walked in I waited to be seated only to give up and go find someone. Great start. I then was showed to a table and told to order my food at the bar. I had to que at the food ordering point while the two bar staff were seving drinks which also had a que. When I eventually got served the bar man didn't know what to key into the til with a meal deal ticket so he had to go ask. More waiting. When I sat back at my table 10 min later my desert came out before I had received my main meal.There seems to be alot of new youngsters working here who are not trained in customer service very good.i also noticed that customers had to shout into kitchen for service st yhe bar.This place needs a kick up the backside

2  Thank Chucky137
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The meals are very reasonable at to for £11.00. Just be aware that they do free soft drink refills - we would tend to buy one and share it!!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Visited twice first time was excellent great value for money friendly staff a nice meal............next time a week later I waited an hour for food witch a as not up to the standard of last time even though I had the same order a drink was missed only when I got home I noticed this and then we tryed again but we again waited far to long for food and when a big group of about 16 came in 15 mins after our order but there food turned up first j was not happy I also waited another half hour for pudding only for the waiting staff to say we won't charge you for that as u have had such a long wait.....not good for a big pub chain won't be going again...ever

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Sorry, but this restaurant needs a kick. Bad service, they don't clean up tables quickly. They leave rubbish like lettuce leaves on the floor and don't clean up floor mess. Orders come out wrong.

1  Thank michaelfcastro