“Okay”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Okay”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I find the food at wine& co a little hit and miss. The whole feeling of the place is terrific. A bit olde worldly. However I have eaten there about five or six times over the last year or so and have found that while a christmas meal was superb with real understanding of food, on two other occasions I have had to send my steak back to be "fixed". I like my steaks medium rare and on the two occasions the steaks were rare to blue.

Visited April 2011

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Good food for not a lot of money”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I've given up on finding a nice place to eat on a Monday in Bangor so we decided to try our luck in Holywood. As luck would have it, Wine & Co. was open and they had pork belly on their menu. How could I resist?

We started off with the garlic and herb bread with pesto. It was slightly oily/buttery, but otherwise very good. For the main course I had the pork belly while my boyfriend had the Wine & Co daily pie. Both were very good. One of their offers was an entree and glass of fine for only around 10 pounds so I drank his sauvignon blanc. For dessert I had the taster (mini dessert of the apple & berry crumble) while he had the Eton mess of the day. I think the "mini" version of the apple & berry crumble was relatively big and quite filling. I can't imagine having the full-sized version so this was perfect. I had tea with my mini dessert while my companion had coffee.

Our server was great, pleasant, and quite knowledgeable about the dishes and only offered suggestions on food he's actually tasted. He was also very courteous and made sure we didn't run out of drinks, be it water, coffee or tea. The place wasn't very busy on a Monday night, but hopefully the service is equally good on all days.

Best part of all, all this food only cost us around 33 pounds. What a bargain!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank CelesteDG
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Lovely starter, Shame about main”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Went with a friend last week. Had prawn pil pil for starter, was gorgeous. Friend had the pate and loved it. Then after a forty min wait the main came. I got the steak sandwich, the meat was coating in something, sticky and not pleasant taste. Friend got steak was cooked well. She ordered pepper sauce at£1.95 but it didn't taste of pepper. Asked for another one, but it wasn't much better. Service was good and we stayed on for the pub quiz which was good fun. Bottle of frixinet cava were £10, so very reasonable. Would go back

1 Thank rosyni
UK
“Great food and value for money”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

What more do you want? The homemade soup was delicious. Beware - the portions are very generous.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Worksop
Ireland
“Super spot, shame about the people”
Reviewed 20 November 2010

Great spot to share the 2 course meal for 2 with wine. Food mainly good, best to only order off the short menu than a la carte. I recall steaks being excellent but quality has gone downhill. Service isn't the best, having complained about my main being cold and potatoes being overcooked, no offer of replacing or compensating with a pudding and that was the duty manager. However have been for New Years Eve functions and Christmas work nights and service has been excellent. The music nights are great but be warned there are so many seriously drunk females and lots of scary looking males it can get annoying. There should be a dress code.