“What a lovely Place!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“What a lovely Place!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our evening there and a lovely juicy steak dinner. The staff were very friendly, especially the guy in the suit at the restaurant (manager). He was also quite sexy as was the young guy behind the bar downstairs.
Will definitely go there again.
Onion rings were gorgeous, by the way.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Malibu571

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Last time, last visit, never again”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My long suffering better half suggested a meal out, Christmas was hectic. The Iona was closed, went to wine and co. When we arrived there was only four other people at a table. The starter list was poor, no prawns( a personal fav) I decided to have the "deep fried mushrooms", if they were deep fried it was in Luke warm oil, greasy oily disgusting. My wife asked me not to complain, so for her I said nothing. I then has the sirloin , I asked for med rare, it was rare in fact I am sure I heard a moo, I am also not sure what it was but never a sirloin. However it seemed tender enough so nothing said to the very helpful waiter. I had asked the waitress if chips came with the steak, I was told "no", so I ordered a side of chips. When the steak arrived it was served with a nice little basket of chips, the other chips also appeared as a side. The third bite of the steak revealed a bit of gristle?..... Still my Bernese dogs ate the rest. All in all a bad meal so far, but then the dessert. I should have known. I love apple crumble so I ordered the bramble apple and sweet cranberry crumble. Sweet? Not in this life they were as sour as sour cherries. The only decently cooked item were the chips. My waiter proudly informed me that the "chef" had been trained at Dean 's, well Dean's should be ashamed of themselves. Possibly he trained as a dish washer???.Never, Never,NEVER AGAIN!!!!!LL!!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Gerald E
Holywood, United Kingdom
“great place to meet up with friends”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

this has a reasonable priced menu and service is of a high standard. unfortunately it can be a little on the dark side during the day ( and im not talking about luke skywalkers dad when i say the dark side) overall a nice spot to visit.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rmcg85
“Lunch”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our first lunch here last week. I had the fish cakes and hubby had the beer battered fish. We both enjoyed our meal, the setting and the service. Look forward to lunching again.

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Food quality has gone downhill badly lately.”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend have been going here once or twice a month on friday nights for over 3 years. Normally the food in the upstairs restaurant has been very good (thats why we kept going back ) But however we have both noticed that lately the food quality has gone downhill badly and many of the dishes taste like they have been sitting under a heat lamp for 6 hours before you get it. We last went here 3 weeks ago and to be honest I don't think I will go back as the beef burger I got had to be the worst around. The meat Tasted too dry and the bap was hard and my girlfriends chicken dish was filled with allot of unnecessary vegetable oil .

I don't know what has happened with the chefs or in the kitchen but something has gone wrong somewhere in the last few months as the food has gone from great to awful.

Come on Wine and Co you can do much better!!!

John