“Tasty!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I always like places that have been recommended by discerning diners. This was recommended to us by friends.After having walked for 90 minutes along the coastal path, we were ready for our lunch. We were there just before opening and were amazed at how quickly the place filled up. There were 6 of us and all most happy with our meals, especially the fish dishes. Sizeable portions and an excellent standard of bar food. One of the group chose dessert, apple crumble with custard, definitely a must for those who like "puddings"! Will return and book a table in the restaurant next time.

There are newer reviews for The Dirty Duck

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My parents always raved about this place so I went here once night and I was not disappointed! Beautiful views over Belfast Lough and amazing food and service to go along with it! I had the Basic and Beautiful followed by sticky toffee pudding and I can say without a doubt, it's one of the best deserts I've ever had! Portions are great in size so you get what you pay for and service is with a smile. A very lively, homely pub for people of all ages and I'd recommend this to anyone!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very pleasant surroundings overlooking the sea. Lunch was delicious and reasonably priced. Staff were friendly and approachable. In good weather seats available to dine outside. Yesterday was somewhat breezy so I dined inside. Will visit again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

we visited here without a reservation on a Friday night and were told there were 6 parties in front waiting for a table. At most we waited half an hour before a table became available. The service was fast and the food lovely. I would go back but I would make a reservation first. The atmosphere was buzzing.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We had never eaten here though often in Holywood. Our friend visits regularly. Arriving around noon to a fairly empty place, we were surprised to be asked had we booked. It certainly got busy ( and noisy) ! The Caesar salad my friend had looked good, one of us had crab claws, prawns plate which was tasty. I ordered nachos with trimmings but thought the large one was not very large. Chilli beef and guacamole and salsa all good but the nachos were flavoured like Doritis rather than plain corn chips like I expected. The flavouring repeated on me all afternoon (apologies for the detail) so that was disappointing. Even though it was busy and we had finished our teas, we were not chased out which was nice, and a surprise when we saw the folk all waiting for a table. Would recommend as it's a great setting and has a wide choice of menu.