“Staff service was not good”
Review of The Dirty Duck

The Dirty Duck
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Holywood
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Staff service was not good”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a table for 7 people for son's birthday but we got a table for 6 people and get 1 chair on hall way. I have few friend is bigger size. The table was too small for them. We we're require to get a small table that beside us together. The staff said no, he said all table are fully booked. And I asked again u sure all fully booked, u can't move this table, he said yes. At the end, I saw a table behind us was no customer there from we went to restaurant until we left there. I'm really not happy for their service .

6 Thank Jessica L

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lunch for two”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Ate here for lunch today. We had booked in advance so were seated upstairs. Views fabulous overlooking Belfast Lough. The menu provided choices of small courses or main courses - quite an emphasis on fish ( which I like). One of us had chicken and the other had the smoked haddock. Both enjoyed and had good sized portions. Fairly good value for money. Only downside is that the decor is a bit tired and could do with an upgrade although it is clean and comfortable. Parking is possible and free although requires a bit of searching in adjacent streets. A good bet for a nice lunch.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bernie S
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Tasty!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I always like places that have been recommended by discerning diners. This was recommended to us by friends.After having walked for 90 minutes along the coastal path, we were ready for our lunch. We were there just before opening and were amazed at how quickly the place filled up. There were 6 of us and all most happy with our meals, especially the fish dishes. Sizeable portions and an excellent standard of bar food. One of the group chose dessert, apple crumble with custard, definitely a must for those who like "puddings"! Will return and book a table in the restaurant next time.

• Visited July 2014
Belfast
“Great place!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My parents always raved about this place so I went here once night and I was not disappointed! Beautiful views over Belfast Lough and amazing food and service to go along with it! I had the Basic and Beautiful followed by sticky toffee pudding and I can say without a doubt, it's one of the best deserts I've ever had! Portions are great in size so you get what you pay for and service is with a smile. A very lively, homely pub for people of all ages and I'd recommend this to anyone!

• Visited September 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lunch at The Dirty Duck”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very pleasant surroundings overlooking the sea. Lunch was delicious and reasonably priced. Staff were friendly and approachable. In good weather seats available to dine outside. Yesterday was somewhat breezy so I dined inside. Will visit again.

• Visited July 2014