“Amazing”

Culloden Estate & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The stay was amazing go , the staff , food , view, we're lovely . The staff are professional and attentive and nothing was to much problem. The restruant was well ran we eat there on our first night and the food was out of this world. What a team

Many thanks

Teer family

Stayed: February 2012
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Corina C

I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks for your very kind comments about the Culloden Estate & Spa and particularly about our staff.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Located in the georgeous grounds of the culloden estate the cultra inn is the perfect place to spend a sunny day. The outside eating area is idealic looking over the grounds. The location was equalled however by the excellent service and food we received. The waitress even brought out water for my dog. I had not eaten here in a while and must say the menu has improved greatly since my last visit. The menu has something for everyone and my vegetarian meal was as nice as my friend's meat option which seldom occurs. The indoor dinning area is just as inviting with huge fires and a friendly atmosphere. Will definately be back

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Holywood300

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to learn that you are planning on returning to the Culloden Estate & Spa. It is encouraging to receive such positive comments as we are continually striving to make sure every guest has a very special experience with us.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

From the moment we arrived to celebrate our anniversary, we encountered fabulous levels of customer service and a room with the most beautiful view over the Lough and grounds. The reception staff we're so helpful, going beyond expectations when supporting unusual April fool's requests!! As for the fabulous Michelin star restaurant, again beyond expectations.... We had a great evening exploring the Irish Whisky selection at the bar. Overall the Culloden Estate deserves the 5* and we left with such a good memory, that we would recommend that a trip to Belfast would incomplete without resplendent indulgence at the Culloden Estate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Enveetrekkers

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor for the Culloden Estate & Spa.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words regarding the Culloden Hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Culloden is a typified 5 star, set in impressive grounds, however for a five star there were a few minor cracks showing. The plug socket in the bedroom was hanging off and in fact looked a little dangerous. There was no complimentary body lotion, something that I would expect from a guest house, and certainly in a 5 star. We were situated on the ground floor with and excellent view, but the room had no net curtains, and so we couldn't let any natural light into the room whilst changing.

We were brought a plate of sandwiches on our first night, however chose not to eat them, having left early the following morning and returning late at night to what should've been a clean room, the previous nights sandwiches were still on the table, and the cups hadn't been cleaned. I have perhaps been a little pedantic in this review, however, when paying five star prices, I believe that every element should be impeccable.

The staff at the hotel were pleasant, and we had a good stay, but it isn't the best 5 star I have stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Gemma_Welltravel

With regards to your review of your experience in the Culloden Estate & Spa, I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave your opinion on tripadvisor. My team and I would have welcomed the opportunity to have spoken to you on the evening of your visit regarding the points which you have detailed above.

I am genuinely disappointed that your experience of the Culloden was not as it should have been, and for this I apologise wholeheartedly. We pride ourselves on providing professional, courteous and efficient customer service, so I appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention.

Your inadequate visit to the Culloden Estate and Spa has not, and will not, be tolerated as the standard provided to guests and indeed is not in line with our usual five star standards.

I genuinely thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I would like to ensure you that I will be closely monitoring the quality of service standards being provided over the coming months.

Please accept my apologies and I thank you for brining this to my attention. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future where I am confident we can improve on your last experience.

Stephen Meldrum

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I recommended this hotel to visiting American relations and although they were happy with their accommodation, they had a huge issue with WIFI in their room. They had to pay over the odds for little or no WIFI coverage and were very frustrated with the way the system operated. In this day in age, with modern technology as it is, such issues SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AN ISSUE! WIFI should not be an extra charge.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VerityCarrigart
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear VerityCarrigart

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor regarding your American relations experience at the Culloden Estate & Spa.

Our wireless internet is provided by BT Openzone, which we believe offers our guests an unrivalled level of service and security. This comes at a small charge, and whereas some hotels hide this in their room rate, we believe in offering our guests transparency when it comes to costs. We also have an internet kiosk which is available for our guests use.

I was delighted to learn that they were happy with their accommodation and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome them back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I recently visited Belfast for the first time as was lucky enough to be attending a wedding at the Culloden! We stayed for 3 blissful nights where the staff went over and above in every aspect to ensure our stay was perfect.

Beautiful grounds with lots of lovely areas to walk around outside, a lovely welcoming foyer and bar area and an amazing spa.

We also ate in the Cultra Inn where the staff welcomes us as if we were old friends and the food was delicious and excellent value.

I was so sad to leave the Culloden and hope I have an opportunity to return soon. It was a lovely break to celebrate with friends, see a beautiful part of Ireland and recharge my batteries!!!

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Dollshoe

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Culloden Estate & Spa with potential travellers. I would also like to express my thanks at your very kind comments towards the Culloden Hotel and particularly towards our staff.

I was delighted to learn that you had found our staff to go over and above in every aspect to ensure your stay was perfect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Culloden Estate & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

As restaurants go, this is by far one of the best I've ever been to. And I like my food :) The staff are amazing & they deserve their Michelin star. The hotel grounds are beautiful, as are the tea rooms. I love the bar. Dark & welcoming with a blazing fire in the winter. Am a big fan of quiet relaxing hotels. And this is my favourite one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank retro_luv

Dear Retro_luv

Thank you for taking the time to write to a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the Culloden Estate & Spa.

Mr Stephen Meldrum

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 1 in Crawfordsburn
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

Been to Culloden Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!