1,920 results
All reviewscultra innmitre restaurantafternoon teabeautiful hotelupgraded to a suitemacaroonscrozier loungestar experiencefirst classpure luxurythe general managermain restaurantfrom start to finishdrawing roomhastings groupducktop class
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Excellent place to stay and relax!
Excellent customer service all round & a free upgrade to a state suite really made my stay special!
Room service and room amenities were excellent! Gas fire, large bathtub and shower and a dinning table in the suite! Absolutely epic room!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SSloan650
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel as an anniversary treat for me and my husband. When we arrived we were given a double "suite" called the mull which on first glance was ok but when we further inspected tables were all stained, the view from the window was wires running along the roof and the noise from some boiler kept me awake. The pillows were all lumpy. Most of the staff were very nice but the price of two large glasses of wine cost us £16, I could have bought two lovely bottles of wine for that. Dinner was nice although we were originally going to be plonked on seats that was more in line with an old bar seat and I had to say I wasn't happy being offered this table. I have stayed in a few hotels in my time, some three star etc and I have to say they were a lot better than this five star. The gym equipment was old and the jacuzzi was cold. I definitely would not stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kittey O
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Had a lovely stay for a friend's wedding recently. The venue was beautiful for a wedding and we all had a fantastic time. Everyone at the Culloden was very friendly and helpful. Loved the pool and spa area.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at the Culloden for business on the 19th September, my company held an event at the venue which required me to stay overnight and assist in organising the event.

The 2 gentlemen who ran the event from the Culloden - Philip & Ken were nothing short of awesome. They were friendly, helpful and polite - bending over backwards to make the event a success.

The hotel itself is beautiful with roaring open fires, the food was the best I've had in a hotel (HIGHLY recommend the fish chowder) and the views are beautiful. The spa and gym are up to date and a pleasure to use.

After a year of my partner undergoing chemotherapy and not being able to travel abroad this is the hotel I've chosen to take him for a weekend away too in January. I cannot wait to return to the Culloden for our stay and hope it's as good as last time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in the Culloden 2 years ago and the difference between then and now is significant.

The room we were allocated had a view of the back of a building, the duvet was too thick and there were marks on the glass surfaces plus the net curtains needed to be ironed or replaced.

On the plus side breakfast was very enjoyable and the grounds to the hotel are well kept.

On our first visit we had "Hasting Ducks" in the bathroom plus a turndown service at night, non of which we had on this stay.

Not up to the usual standards.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple