“Top class service”

Culloden Estate & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure to stay for one night at the Culloden Estate and Spa
From the moment we arrived we were blown away by the quality of service we received.
After checking in to our lovely room we went to the Spa for treatments. What a great Spa experience with a beautiful relaxing atmosphere. Sports massage, Indian head massage and Reflexology were expertly given by Catherine and Natasha. After a couple of glasses of Prosecco we ate in the Mitre restaurant. A top class dining experience!
Goats cheese Avocado salad, Squid, Venison and Toffee Sundae were a gastronomic delight while breakfast the next morning was of the same high standard Thank you to Kirsty, Amy and Gary for making the experience so special!! See you again soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at the Culloden for a couple of nights as my husband was in Belfast on business.

We had dinner in the main restaurant the first night. The food was pretty average. However the breakfasts are fantastic. A wonderful choice on the buffet and cooked breakfasts to die for.

There's a really nice pub in the grounds and we will certainly try the food there next time.

The spa is nicely appointed and there is an excellent gym. I had some wonderful treatments with Abby, who is superb. Food in the spa is pretty average.

Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated; opulent but welcoming. The grounds are lovely and the view from the main dining room is glorious.

A lovely hotel and I shall certainly return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have been to two weddings and a formal at the Culloden and so knew how beautiful it is...However is was so surprised and absolutely delighted by how good my spa weekend was here. I had high expectations and was not disappointed. I got a spa package for my birthday (lucky me) the atmosphere was a joy. Luxurious and calm surroundings. Dinner in the Mitre restaurant was lovely, and drinks after in the Crozier lounge where a live jazz band were playing (it was a Saturday) was special.

Being slightly unforgiving the bedrooms are nothing special but clean, comfortable and a good size. Breakfast was a bit disappointing, we were the first to arrive at 8:30 and as it was a buffet the cooked breakfast was not fresh. however a great continental selection.

Overall we had a brilliant stay, service was 5 star and I would visit again for dinner or the spa as these were the highlights for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My first time at the Culloden hotel for a meal and I have to say I would defiantly go back!! the food was outstanding I would not fault it at all. Fantastic service made me feel extremely welcome. special regards to Kirsty and Robert who made my night more relaxing and enjoyable. And to top the experience off the view was unbelievable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Having left the kids with relatives for a couple of nights break away we were looking forward to our stay.
As the car pulled up to the door the concierge were out straight away and took our luggage to reception for us. We checked in and found we had been given an upgrade to the Nevis suite. When we got to our room we were very pleased with what we saw. It was lovely and spacious, with a seated area, bedroom and en-suite.
After sorting out our bags in the room we went down into the crozier lounge and enjoyed a couple of drinks. Staff were helpful and polite.
On our first nights stay we ate in the Mitre restaurant within the hotel. It was a fine dining experience. We looked after by Ryan and others who were courteous. The menu was known by staff with great knowledge. Food was lovely. Relaxing atmosphere and service was excellent throughout the night.
On the second night we ate in the Cultra Inn. Again the food and service was excellent and reasonably priced.
Breakfast had a great selection. Homemade breads especially the Guinness Wholegrain. Wide variety on the continental (cereals, breads, fruit). Full Irish breakfast was lovely, only thing to be said is there is no signage saying about asking the staff for beans. Tea and toast is got to you by your food server. An added bonus to our first mornings breakfast was spotting a celebrity who was sitting behind us.
Overall had a great experience here and will be back again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here for a wedding in August 2013.

What a lovely place, great surroundings and great staff.
We stayed in a standard room. A clean large bathroom and enough bedroom space. The only criticism, I would have is the rooms were stuffy.But this could be rectified by opening the windows.

The spa facilities gets booked up, so book before you arrive. Unfortunately, we didnt and couldnt get any treatments.

Breakfast was great with lots of variety including locally sourced foods. There is a large sitting area so large families can sit together. They even cater for individuals with dietary requirements, which is great.

The hotel gets very busy with a few weddings a day, but the staff are still attentive regardless of the activity that surrounds the reception area.

I can imagine that getting to the hotel can be tricky if you dont have a car/ use a taxi. Hiring a car is easy and the best way to explore the area. Plenty of parking space.

Overall, a great hotel for relaxing and enjoying the surroundings. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

First time here for a wedding, and I have to say it was beautiful and I only stayed here one night, and that alone made me want to come back. The grounds are beautiful, especially with the view. The staff were nothing but friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
Golden Mile
Stormont Hotel
#11 of 45 in Belfast
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally

Been to Culloden Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!