“nice hotel”

Culloden Estate & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
Reviewed 11 December 2013

lovely hotel, lovely staff, food was excellent but quite expensive. went to the all day spa and it was wonderful and the bedrooms are beautiful.nice surroundings to walk around on a sunny day it was perfect

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Dermo86

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the Culloden Estate and Spa.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our anniversary, pleasant welcome and beautiful decor upon arrival. The room was also of a good quality and very clean. As it was a nice day we made the most of the outdoor patios having a coffee outside in the grounds. That evening we ate in the Cultra, adjacent to the hotel, which was lovely and the service faultless. The following morning we attended the spa, which is unfortunately dated, compared with other NI spa hotels, and is also hardly used. Pool temp was not as we would have liked, but the thermal spa pool was hot, and nice to use. Overall a nice break.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Analace13

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Just had the most amazing family weekend in the Culloden! Arrived on Friday with 2 young children and found that they were made most welcome. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a beautiful suite.
The hotel was decorated wonderfully for Christmas and the atmosphere was great with all the log fires, we found the pool area to be almost empty on the occasions that we used it and it was a lovely experience. I had a facial in the spa which I would highly recommend!
The breakfast was exceptional with plenty of choice and stunning views. We didn't want to come home!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear CathM64

Reviewed 9 December 2013

From the moment you drive onto the estate, you realise that this is not going to be just another Hotel stay. As you approach the entrance, the Doorman greets you and helps you with your bags to the small reception area where the receptionist is happy to arrange your accommodation. We were early and our upgraded room was ready but not yet inspected so we was invited to relax in the lounge and have a cocktail (or cup of Tea) with the voucher we were given as a part of our stay. The Lounge was impressive with two real fires burning in different quarters of the room and nice quiet corners to sit and contemplate the historic surroundings.

Fifteen minutes later we were shown to our executive room in the Spa Annex and although it was a fair track down the stairs and then up the stairs (there were lifts available), the wait (and walk) was worth it. The room was large with a massive bed (very comfortable), Plasma TV, I-Phone docking Station and the best view across Belfast Harbour you could wish for. All day you could see (not hear) the flights going into the City Airport and the Boats travelling to and from the Harbour.

We decided to eat in the Cultra Inn (a pub in the Hotel grounds) and were not disappointed with the food and ambience. Breakfast in the Restaurant was even better with a lovely range of Fruit, Bread, Meats, and Cheeses and even smoked Salmon! Cooked breakfast was done to order and had fantastic Sausages, nice lean Bacon and of course, Irish Potato Cake.

The Spa area was also great, with a lovely Swimming Pool, a wonderful Steam Room and a Gym for every conceivable exercise. The Spa also offered numerous treatments and the nice Coffee Shop was great for drinks after your work-out.

Drinks and food are a little expensive but look for deals on the Hotel website and you could stay for a very reasonable price.

Location: 5
Soundproofing: 4
Food: 5

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Andy G

In response to your TripAdvisor review, I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments for others.

I was delighted to learn that you had found the Culloden Estate and Spa to be a “class above the rest”. Within the Hastings Hotels Group one of our vision and values is “Passionate commitment to excellent service” this is about making sure every guest has a very special experience, something which my team and I are committed to. We do not want to meet your expectations we want to exceed them every time.

I would like to thank you once again for your comments; We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate and Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I spent Sunday afternoon in heaven being treated by angel Catherine.In other words I had a wonderful facial and massage in the hotels excellent spa.I have had treatments all over the world but I would rate the quality of the treatments, the professionalism and friendliness of the staff as superb.My therapist Katherine minded me like a queen while my sister was also treated like royality at the gentle hands of Hannah.Thank you ladies for a lovely afternoon.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Susanne T

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor for the Culloden Estate and Spa.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words regarding the Culloden Hotel. I was delighted to learn you had found the quality of the treatments, the professionalism and friendliness of the staff to be superb.

Your comments have been passed through to all our departments and has given our staff a very nice boost to morale, something which is always important to ensure the continuation of our five star service.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

It was a special occassion for my sister but the people next to us seemed to have more on their plate, after checking this out we actually paid a lot more plus I was charged differently than advertised. The service was nothing special, there seemed to be staff on but not much sign of them until we stood up to leave the man asked did we want our bill, nothing else but I had already prepaid which he said they would check with reception to clarify, surely if they asked my name and checked at his desk this it would not have been an issue, but definately disappointed for a 5 star hotel :-(. And disappointed for my sister who actually had been indecisive and wanted the merchant so maybe next time we will try there.

• Stayed: December 2013
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Nicmm2000

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave your opinion on tripadvisor.

I am genuinely disappointed that your experience was not as it should have been and for this I wholeheartedly apologise. We take great pride in providing professional, courteous and efficient customer service so to hear that we have fallen short is a cause for considerable concern.

The circumstances leading to your unsatisfactory visit have not been, and will not be, tolerated. The standard of service provided to guests at Hastings Hotels, and in particular to those at the Culloden Estate and Spa, will always carry the expectation of excellence. Your account of events during your visit is not in line with those expectations and it certainly fails to meet our usual five star standards.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to draw these matters to our attention. We value all feedback, be it positive or negative. It is only through such feedback that we may rectify any shortcomings and prevent their reoccurrence.

We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in greater length regarding your review, please contact Peter McAlister, Food and Beverage Manager, on fbm@cull.hastingshotels.com.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Had a wonderful stay here. The hotel is really fantastic, with exceptional service. From the time we arrived we were looked after extremely well. The rooms are really nice, although I was surprised that a hotel of this class did not have a minibar in the room. Lovely big room, with huge bath, and fantastic shower.

The food in the restaurant is incredible, and the view across the bay is stunning. I highly recommend this hotel, particularly if you want to be impressed.

I have stayed here multiple times and will definitely be returning. A truly excellent hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Bob B

Helen Caters

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 1 in Crawfordsburn
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

Been to Culloden Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!