“Afternoon Tea”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
Belfast
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful relaxed time with my son who was visiting me for a few days. Afternoon tea was exquisite & vegetarian option not a problem. Staff friendly & helpful. Time flew by. Just great experience. Definitely will be back again with friends.

Stayed June 2014
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear GrannyMcV

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments regarding your recent visit to the Culloden Estate and Spa. It is delightful to learn that you and your son had such a “great experience” while enjoying Afternoon Tea. I am particularly pleased to know that you found our staff to be “friendly and helpful”.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Hotel in the near future.

Mr James McGinn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hi I spent 2 days and wonderful nights at the hands of this hotel in fact in the hands of Linda White, Nothing was too much trouble My Partner & I were made to feel we were the only ones there. Not just any thing we needed we only had to ask but You never had to look for staff they were there. Although all the staff were so attentive there is a special thank you to, Linda White. We were lucky to have the Hotel the hotel is lucky to have Linda White.
Regards P. A. J. Rudelhoff.

Room Tip: Facing the Sea.
1 Thank 88Rudie
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear 88Rudie

I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks for your very kind comments about the Culloden Estate and Spa.

I was delighted to learn that you found the staff to be “so attentive” and it is extremely positive to see such a personal mention for Linda. I will ensure this feedback is passed on to all members of staff and especially Linda.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was on a business trip to Northern Ireland, Hotel staff were very helpful and polite, went to my room it was perfect and I have never said that before. The view from my window was simply stunning, over looking the bay, the whole bay I could see for at least 5 miles. never new Ireland was such a beautiful country.

Anyway back to the hotel, my room had free wifi with fast broadband speed, breakfast was excellent. noise zero, cleanliness excellent, room temperature excellent. The grounds were again just so nice.

If I have to find fault it rained heavily on a few occasions

Room Tip: top of the third floor main building
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter W
Dear Peter W

I am delighted you found your bedroom to be “perfect” and that it exceeded your expectations. We are extremely fortunate at the Culloden Hotel to have such picturesque views, and I am thrilled to hear your bedroom view impressed you greatly.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My friend took me to culloden for a surprise afternoon tea. It was brilliant from the welcome to the service. It was just fab. Everything was just perfect. The staff were so friendly and attentive. We were given a beautiful table overlooking the lough and gardens.

I will definitely be back. Gorgeous for a wee special treat for someone.

Dear Seaneenmcg

I am delighted to learn that you found our staff to be “friendly and attentive” and that everything about your Afternoon Tea was “perfect”. I have passed your comments on to the restaurant team, who are extremely appreciative of such positive feedback.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate and Spa in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having prepaid for a state suite as a wedding gift for my brother in law 3 months ago; the hotel not only "lost the prepayment;" but after paying for this a second time the day before the wedding, the booking was again confirmed as fine (including on the day of the wedding when the luggage was dropped off).

We later discovered they went on to sell the room to another guest on the wedding night, despite the fact we had paid in full, leaving the groom, bride (in dress and holding a crying baby) at 0100 in the morning, with the only option being to get a taxi home. They ruined the wedding event and have left a very happy family distraught. The bridge and groom left their reception early to enjoy this experience at the hotel!
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK this hotel - absolute incompetence and a rude, unhelpful team.
The fact that they call themselves a 5* establishment is a joke and they should not be classified in this way. The service is far below the required standard.
When we arrived in person the next morning to meet with the duty manager (who claimed the general manager was in a yoga class); they could not even get a tea and coffee order right. If you are looking for a top class 5* offer in Northern Ireland, please let me stress again to not book Culloden. The service is not much better than staying at a hostel. If you want to book a 5* hotel / wedding, you will receive a different league of standard, experience and service at either Galgorm Manor in Antrim or The Merchant Hotel in Belfast. Absolutely unforgettable for all the wrong reasons.....

The GM later conceded they completely got this wrong, and CCTV did indeed show a member of staff removing luggage from the suite we had booked? The GM conceded he has no idea why this could or should have happened. Beyond words....... Terrible

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. There is clearly no guarantee of getting one here, even if you have paid f...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
20 Thank PKeene
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were on a golf trip to royal Belfast- very adjacent to the hotel. The hotel is on a superb site just past Holywood. Overlooking Belfast lough. Stunning views. The hotel is very well appointed and has lots of space- a fine dining room and a large well appointed lounge bar. The bedrooms are spacious with fine beds and a large flat screen tv. My only complaint would be that for £120 for b an b a shower in a bath is not good enough. Also the shower was lacking in power- very old shower rose and the water was not hot enough or at least I could not adjust the control to give me a hot shower. Otherwise this is a very good hotel that I would visit again and I would recommend.

1 Thank keithcairns
Dear Keith Cairns

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Culloden Estate and Spa. I am pleased that you found your room to be “spacious with fine beds” however I am disappointed to learn that the shower was not to your preference. We do have executive rooms with a separate shower and bath available, had we been aware of your preference then we could have allocated your room appropriately.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Hotel in the near future and please do advise our reservation agents of your preferences when making your booking.

WAKEFIELD
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have been staying her with work for many Years now, the staff are excellent, rooms are very nice and the service is always good, we have eaten in both restaurants and have found both of them very good. The breakfast is also excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear yorkscouple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the Culloden Estate and Spa. I am delighted to know that all aspects of the hotel exceed your expectations each time you stay with us.

Mr James McGinn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 1 in Crawfordsburn
Stormont Hotel
#10 of 44 in Belfast
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

Been to Culloden Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!