“Belfast visit”

Culloden Estate & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
“Belfast visit”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for one night, this is luxury in Belfast, beautiful gardens friendly staff and the best bed I have slept in. The food is excellent really good breakfast. I am sure the spa will be very good didn't have time to sample this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear John S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the Culloden Estate and Spa.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Hotel in the near future.

Mr James McGinn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel is in a very picturesque location and the grounds are well cared for. My room was a bit dark, but otherwise very nice. The dining room allows the opportunity to look out over the sea while eating a locally sourced breakfast. The business centre has a strong wifi connection and plenty of space and options. However the key asset for the hotel is the staff, all the ones I met were polite, friendly and helpful

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Eddie M

I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks for your very kind comments about the Culloden Estate and Spa and particularly about our staff.

I was delighted to learn that you found our staff to be a “key asset” within our hotel. It is always extremely rewarding to hear such positive feedback regarding the team within the hotel.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate and Spa in the near future.

London
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed a couple of nights at the Culloden. The hotel is very nice and the spa is superb. The rooms are large and clean. The service is friendly and efficient. Unfortunately the food is very poor and below the hotel standard. Prices are competitive for the overall quality.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank new_world_travellers
Dear new_world_travellers

I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks for your very kind comments about the Culloden Estate and Spa.

I was delighted to learn that you thought the Spa was “superb” and found the service to be “friendly and efficient”. Thus, following such positive comments, it was disappointing to learn that on this occasion, we failed to exceed your expectations with regard to the food served at the hotel.

At the Hastings Hotels Group we are passionate about food and believe that eating is one of life’s greatest pleasures. We embrace the use of carefully selected local and seasonal quality foods to enable our chefs to prepare and create the most delicious dishes in our kitchens.

I was disappointed that you felt the food was “below the hotel standard”, and in response to your review I will have this area monitored closely to ensure that all aspects of the hotel exceed guest expectations.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Culloden Estate and Spa in the near future.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We had a three night stay at the Culloden as we we attending a birthday party in Holywood . The flight from Leeds was early and we were able to check our bags in to the hotel and head to the Titanic Quarter. On our return the bags had been placed in the room which was up graded to a suite. This was our second stay at this magnificent hotel, with manicured grounds and stunning views over Belfast Lough. The Crozier lounge is new a large bar yet intimate with small seating areas. The staff are attentive and knowledgable . The room was the same as we had been allocated on our last visit. When we returned each evening the bed was turned down curtains drawn, the lights turned on and a chocolate left on the beside table lovely touch. Breakfast was good with a variety of different cooked and cold food. The hotel was also had the pop group Mcbusted staying but this did not affect our stay as there were plenty of staff on duty. Overall the staff go the extra mile to make your stay special, and a valued guest.
We plan to return later with friends from Leeds so they can enjoy the Belfast hospitality in a truly amazing setting.
The Culloden more than justifies it's 5* rating . We are looking forward to our next trip in this relaxing and wonderful setting.

Kevin

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kevin D
Dear Kevin D

I was delighted to learn that you found the staff “attentive and knowledgeable”, and that they were always prepared to go that extra mile to exceed your expectations.

Belfast
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful relaxed time with my son who was visiting me for a few days. Afternoon tea was exquisite & vegetarian option not a problem. Staff friendly & helpful. Time flew by. Just great experience. Definitely will be back again with friends.

Stayed June 2014
Dear GrannyMcV

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments regarding your recent visit to the Culloden Estate and Spa. It is delightful to learn that you and your son had such a “great experience” while enjoying Afternoon Tea. I am particularly pleased to know that you found our staff to be “friendly and helpful”.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hi I spent 2 days and wonderful nights at the hands of this hotel in fact in the hands of Linda White, Nothing was too much trouble My Partner & I were made to feel we were the only ones there. Not just any thing we needed we only had to ask but You never had to look for staff they were there. Although all the staff were so attentive there is a special thank you to, Linda White. We were lucky to have the Hotel the hotel is lucky to have Linda White.
Regards P. A. J. Rudelhoff.

Room Tip: Facing the Sea.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 88Rudie
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear 88Rudie

I was delighted to learn that you found the staff to be “so attentive” and it is extremely positive to see such a personal mention for Linda. I will ensure this feedback is passed on to all members of staff and especially Linda.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was on a business trip to Northern Ireland, Hotel staff were very helpful and polite, went to my room it was perfect and I have never said that before. The view from my window was simply stunning, over looking the bay, the whole bay I could see for at least 5 miles. never new Ireland was such a beautiful country.

Anyway back to the hotel, my room had free wifi with fast broadband speed, breakfast was excellent. noise zero, cleanliness excellent, room temperature excellent. The grounds were again just so nice.

If I have to find fault it rained heavily on a few occasions

Room Tip: top of the third floor main building
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter W
Dear Peter W

I am delighted you found your bedroom to be “perfect” and that it exceeded your expectations. We are extremely fortunate at the Culloden Hotel to have such picturesque views, and I am thrilled to hear your bedroom view impressed you greatly.

Mr James McGinn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 1 in Crawfordsburn
Stormont Hotel
#10 of 44 in Belfast
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

Been to Culloden Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!