“Anniversary Stay”

Culloden Estate & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We got married at the Culloden last year and enjoyed every minute of it. We can back to stay for our first anniversary and couldn't have been more pleased, the suite we stayed in was magnificent, the three course meal was faultless as was the Irish breakfast the following morning. It brought back so many happy memoirs and will look forward to staying next year.

Room Tip: You can experience views over Belfast lough if you wish or stay at the front of the hotel which is a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JMW29
Write a ReviewReviews (1,789)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Spent last night of my holiday here. Beautiful location with lovely staff. Food was great and reasonably priced. Bed and bed linen first class. Lovely way to end a holiday. Felt very comfortable travelling alone.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the sea
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank pat s
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Excellent hotel - cosy ambience, high quality and very helpful staff. Nice spa too. Lovely food and pleasant bar/drawing room areas. Easy to find and with good access to Belfast city airport. Room was well appointed and bed comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary accompanied by some close friends. The staff were excellent. Very friendly, welcoming, efficient, knowledgeable and courteous.
We had an excellent meal in The Mitre Restaurant and spent time relaxing in the comfortable and spacious seating areas.
The room was clean, spacious, very comfortable and well-equipped. I used the Spa facilities and again found the Spa staff, friendly and helpful.
The setting is excellent, overlooking Belfast Lough with large well-kept gardens.
Five Stars all round!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at the Culloden Estate & spa in April ,I was attending my cousin's wedding.
The hotel is really beautiful with breathtaking views.The staff were so friendly and the food & service was excellent.A five star hotel and a five star scenic view.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Booked the Culloden to be close to a wedding in Holywood and what a treat! This hotel is situated on the outskirts of Holywood on the main A2 to Bangor and is ideal for George Best Airport, the Titanic Experience and Belfast city centre. The staff who actually help with cases and park your car, are a real treat compared to other 4 Star hotels. The rooms are spacious and everything works. Breakfast is a magnificent buffet with 90% of the products locally sourced and the others are of Irish origin. The food, the staff and everyone connected with the hotel worked hard to make our three day stay memorable. We shall certainly return!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front get traffic noise from the nearby A2 Bangor-Belfast road. Rooms at the back are m...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I staiyed here for nine nights during a recent business trip to Belfast. The hotel is a mix of old and new. I stayed large king room on the 4th floor. The room was quiet and very comfortable, maybe a little dated but it's not a Hilton and to me it's part of the appeal. It did have a large flat screen TV, The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. The lounge was a great place to unwind after work. I did not eat dinner in the restaurant but did eat at Cultra Inn. The food wan't anything special. What really stood out to me was the service. By the second day the hostess at breakfast knew my name and that I liked a Diet Coke with breakfast. The lounge staff had my favorite stout pulled for me without asking as soon as I walked in. Everyone said hello and made sure that I had everything I needed. I am looking forward to returning later this year (this time with my family) .

Room Tip: The 4th (top fllor in the hotel wing is probably the best as I have heard others mention issues with...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
cullodenhotel, General Manager at Culloden Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Pistolpjh

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to learn that the service you received within the hotel stood out to you. One of our visions and values within the Hastings Hotels Group is "Passionate commitment to excellent service". This is about making sure every guest has a very special experience, something which we are committed to. We do not want to just meet your expectations; we want to exceed them, every time.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Culloden Estate and Spa in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Mr James McGinn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
Rayanne House
#2 of 2 in Holywood
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally
Stormont Hotel
#12 of 45 in Belfast

Been to Culloden Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!