“A True Gem!”
Review of Rayanne House

Rayanne House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The McClelland's certianly know how to make visitors feel welcome and comfortable away from home. Rayanne House was the best stay of our 2 week trip through Ireland. Welcoming, lovely, accommodating, gracious, comfortable and really good food .... and wine cellar! Thank you Conor and Bernie, Charles and Matthew.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Don't know where to start! From the time Matthew greeted us at the front door until the time Connor walked to the car to bid us good-bye, we had a wonderful time. The rooms are wonderfully decorated with inviting beds after a long day of travel. We were made to feel like family. The breakfast was amazing! I would definitely recommend a stay at Rayanne. Unfortunately, this was our first place to stay in Northern Ireland and no place else could compare. They definitely spoiled us!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed here for 1 night on the night of my 50th birthday. We had booked in for their Private Dining for my family celebration so we decided to stay. My husbands' 2 daughters & his sister & her friend stayed too, so we had 3 rooms in total. Each of the rooms were very different & it was lovely to go exploring each others rooms. They all have such lovely extras & suprises & are personalised which is a nice touch.
As it is an old Victorian property expect to be woken by the plumbing from the room next door/above/underneath, & if you sleep with your windows open as we did, you will be awoken by the very lovely but very noisy birds.

Dinner was fantastic. Each course was excellent & beautifully presented. The setting was gorgeous compete with name cards, candles & nice background music. It made my 50th birthday celebration with my family very special. Thank you.

There are some very unusual breakfast dishes on the menu which are well worth trying.

We felt very welcome & relaxed so all in all it was a big success. We will definitely recommend & go back ourselves.

Room Tip: Go for one of the special/deluxe rooms as they have lovely views & little balconies.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Little hotel with large standards. Period style hotel with nice individually styled rooms. Breakfast menu is beyond compare and Dinner was equally impressive. I genuinely am looking forward to working in Belfast again just so I can stay at this hotel. Absolutely stunning hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have been around Ireland now for 12 days. This B&B has been fantastic! Paul, the deskman, is in control and a great conversant. The accommodation is already 5-star in my mind. If traveling to Belfast or Holywood, I can think of no better place to stay. The Rayanne House will forever be my go-to B&B in Northern Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank R0BSIMPSON
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed here for two nights B&B. It is one of the loveliest places I have ever stayed. The decor, furnishings, grounds, breakfast, service and attention to detail are all outstanding.
I had prune soufflé with green fig puree for breakfast - and that was only the starter. Next morning I had warm spiced compote of figs, prunes, apricots and apple, with yoghurt, followed by scrambled eggs with crabmeat, cream cheese and chives. But if you don't fancy any of that, there is a whole page of other choices for breakfast. And the price was amazingly low considering the quality of the facilities.
My room was beautifully furnished and the enormous en suite bathroom under the eaves had wood cladding, a vase of poppies and a wicker armchair. Much more interesting than your conventional hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank dene2
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Superb staff and wonderful food, but so Rayanne is so jam packed with fussy faux- victoriana and kitsch that it feels cramped. There was a single and a double bed in our room- it would have been so much nicer to have had the space instead of an unwanted spare bed - and to have been able to reach the window easily. As it was, the spare bed and a chair made it difficult I booked a double OR twin, with balcony, a couple of months in advance.We got a triple & no balcony.
We were part of a wedding party, all the hotel guests (apart from one room ) being from our party. We were told that there would be a discount for wedding guests staying, but this wasn't offered when we settled our bill- we were charged the full advertised rate.
But the dinner was perfection, and the service superb. Breakfast wonderful IF you stick to the first six or so choices- the grill does not include the 'special' bacon or prune and pork sausages, or buttered and baked potato bread that appear in the first half of the menu, and which I was expecting,,,,, just standard 'Ulster-Fry' rashers, sausages, and farls, but rather hard and dry, being grilled. So that was a disappointment that could so easily have been avoided with a little more information or clarity in the writing of the menu.
I'd love to eat there again, and have no reservations in recommending the food
and it's service, but the room was overpriced and disappointing. And what are those hideous 70's patchwork dolls on the room doors all about?

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
Culloden Estate & Spa
#1 of 2 in Holywood
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 1 in Crawfordsburn
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Stormont Hotel
#12 of 45 in Belfast

Been to Rayanne House? Share your experiences!