“Welcoming, warm, and with wine, what more do you need?!”
Review of Rayanne House

Rayanne House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Welcoming, warm, and with wine, what more do you need?!”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Just returned from spending a weekend at Rayanne with friends on a visit to NI. The room was spacious and comfortable, with lovely thoughtful amenity boxes in the bedroom, with candles and fab shampoos etc - amazingly soft and warm dressing gown too! Decanter of port with chocolates added to the decadence, with a choice of wine to buy aswell.

We were greeted by Bernie at the door, who continued her warming welcome with a complimentary drink as we waited for a cab to take us to the Dirty Duck pub - much appreciated.

I could write reams about how good breakfast was, but I don't want to spoil it for your visit, the chilled porridge was amazing, as was the fruit compote with yoghurt and rum (although an unwise choice after a night on the guinness!) Boiled eggs were fab, as was the peanut butter french toast.

Can't rate this place highly enough, Holywood is a lovely part of Belfast, very close to the airport for a weekend visit (but not under the flight path) and close to the bay and the many golf courses too. Relaxing weekend full of laughter - made all the better for a comfy nights sleep and a bellyful of breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Bremen
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We celebrated a fiftieth birthday party with family and close friends at Rayanne house: the age range of our guests spanned from 16 to 78 and each and every guest had an absolute ball!
Bernie and Connor welcomed us into their house so that every one felt at home. The rooms, each with their own individual style and very comfortable, were spacious and wonderfully equipped. Small touches like the crystal carafe filled with sherry or port (? Not quite sure as I didn't try it but that's what it looked like!) and the two crystal glasses are the extra touches which gives the house its special atmosphere : a lot of thought and love has obviously been invested in making this house what it is.
Holywood, the village where Rayanne is located, is ideal for many day trips with good proximity to Belfast, the City airport, the coastal towns of the Antrim coast and not ten minutes from the new Titanic Quarter where we spent most of the day. (Bernie helped us with the organization of our day program giving us super tips for it too). In the evening we sat down to the nine course Titanic dinner in the restaurant. The food was excellent, the service super friendly and efficient. Time literally flew past and before we knew it we had all nine delicious courses!
The next morning we didn't really need breakfast but we decided to test the award "best breakfast 2012" and again we were not disappointed - it would be worth going to Rayanne just for the breakfast!
We went home very happy people, filled with good food and happy memories.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Irvine, California
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This was an phenomenal find. I did some research before heading here with my mother and grandmother, and I booked a room with two double beds. When we arrived, the hosts brought in a third bed so we would each have our own, at no extra charge. That was unexpected and so nice. One of the hosts noticed that my grandmother and I were perusing through the books on the book shelf in the hallway and she told us to take some home if we wanted. I chose a book of photos of Ireland's unmatched countryside. Late that night, my mother hurt her knee, and we phoned downstairs and they immediately brought up a bucket of ice and some plastic bags for her to ice her knee. The next morning, they told us of 3 must-see locations on the Antrim coast for us to see that we wouldn't have known about otherwise (complete with detailed directions). They were the nicest hosts we could possibly ask for.

Aside from their great friendliness, the room was gorgeous--the view was outstanding and we watched the sunset over the Irish Sea from our balcony. Everything was extremely clean and in great working order, plus the detail in the decor was adorable. Breakfast was DELICIOUS. I got the peanut butter-banana french toast and I've tried to make it myself since then, and it's just unparalleled. Great breakfast. We ate as we looked out to a peaceful and sunny morning through the huge picture window. I've been meaning to write a review ever since this trip because this place is a rare gem.

If staying in Northern Ireland--the Rayanne House is definitely the place to stay!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We had a most enjoyable stay at Rayanne House. We were in Belfast for the weekend with relatives and visiting other relatives in the City. Rayanne House is very convenient yet sufficient outside for it to be a peaceful, tranquil place to come back to. The rooms are tastefully decorated to make the stay relaxing. We stayed in Room Number 4 - and my only message to the proprietors here is that the bathroom, whilst perfectly clean, does need updating to today's standards (I found it a bit "80's" with its avocado suite). The other rooms' bathrooms have been upgraded - so perhaps this one was last on the list. I hasten to add that the room was lovely - with a superb view to Belfast harbour. We also had a small sun terrace (and there was some sun that weekend - although not a huge amount). Breakfast was quite an experience: the choice was not only varied but quite exquisite with some of the options available truly imaginative. I definitely recommend this place for a lovely relaxing stay in Belfast.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the building are lighter and of course have the view. Some of the rooms at the...
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My friends and I spent a truly Top class weekend in Rayanne House. There is so much to rave about from the Splendour of the rooms to their unique Breakfast menu. We had the Titantic Dinner on the Saturday night that I can't find the right words to describe only to say 'WoW'. All this was enhanced by the Hospitality and Professionalism of the Staff of this Family run business and by their attention to detail. A First Class experience that I would highly recommend.

Frances,Limerick

limerick
Reviewed 18 September 2012

What a fabolous place to stay. You have to stay to appreciate the place writing does not do it justice. Charles was amazing so professional in his work. The room was amazing. Breakfast has to be sampled so different and as for the Titanic Menu which we really enjoyed it was out of this world. Everything about Rayanne House is amazing its the extra mile which this family have went to to make this a most amazing place to stay and dine. I could not highly recommend it enough do yourself a favour a go and visit Rayanne Guest House for a truly magnificent stay. To all the staff in Rayanne Guest House thanks for making our stay truly wonderfull you really know how to manage a Guest House. A most enjoyable 2 night stay was had by me and my friends. Bernie. Limerick.

Newcastle
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Once again a splendid stay at the Rayanne last night, many thanks for that. My friend I recommended was also incredibly impressed, particularly with the view and your breakfast! A particular compliment to you, Charles, for your warm welcome last night and also to the young gentleman who checked me out this morning, he was a superb ambassador for your business.

I look forward to staying again in the near future. Keep up the fantastic work.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
Culloden Estate & Spa
#1 of 2 in Holywood
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 1 in Crawfordsburn
Stormont Hotel
#10 of 44 in Belfast
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

Been to Rayanne House? Share your experiences!