“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Holywood
Ballymoney, null, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is our third time staying here and it is getting better every time. We were staying in room 10 and 12 and the view in room 10 was stunning.both rooms were very nice and clean.we got a beautiful nights sleep.The food at the Rayanne is second to none and we had a very nice breakfast.The staff at the Rayanne are very friendly and helpful and make you feel at home.We very much enjoyed our stay and will defiantly be back for a 4th stay.

Room Tip: Choose room 10 as the views over Belfast night&day are stunning
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
San Lorenzo in Bibbiano
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed at Rayanne House as part of a special birthday celebration and we were very pleased to have done so. Our bedroom was beautifully furnished and well equipped for people on the move. Breakfast was excellent with some original choices available. The staff were helpful and friendly. The location is very handy for a stroll into the town or for a walk along the shore footpath.I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B and I look forward to my next visit. If you have the opportunity to try the Titanic Menu you must; pricey but worth every penny.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ContadinoDiVino
Clane, Ireland
Reviewed 31 August 2013

It is hard to give Rayanne House less than 5 stars- everything was pretty much perfect for us! It is a nice period house in a hill above the town- but handy for Hollywood, good and clean and the breakfast was superb. We had the delicious Rayanne bake followed by scrambled eggs with cream cheese and crabmeat for me and kippers for my wife.The menu was extensive!
We had Room 7, which was excellent. It was a shrine to golf and Rory McIlroy and the tiling in the bathroom, with its golfing theme, is unique! Conor was very personable and whole experience faultless. It is a Guest-house rather than a hotel, so it is quiet- but that suited us fine. I would stay again without any problem.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blaenboy1
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We chose Rayanne House for our wedding reception after going along one nite to sample their taster menu, the food and the warmth of Bernie And Conor, the owners sealed it for us.

We had a wedding for 32 people this weekend and the staff were so friendly and flexible for those of us staying, even putting up with some very late night revelry . There is good on site parking, wifi everywhere and the food is quite simply "To Die For".

The rooms are all individually decorted and all are exquisite. We had room 14 at the top of the house with a beautiful,view,over Belfast Lough.

If you want to stay somewhere where you are made to feel special...stay here...and it's only 15 mins to Belfast by car and a 10 min walk into Holywood where there are 10 Coffee shops to,sample.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sbz100
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I recently spent the weekend in Northern Ireland where I booked myself in to a delightful boutique hotel called Rayanne House. Located in the affluent suburb of Holywood, Rayanne House is quiet, stylish and filled with antiques and history.

The hotel is an old Victorian house with about 14 bedrooms, all equipped with big, comfortable beds, tea & coffee facilities as well as a fabulous shower. Honestly, I did not want to get out of it!!
I was fortunate to be staying on the top floor of the hotel where I had a lovely spacious bedroom with views of the bay around Belfast. The hotel is very quiet and relaxing if you're wanting to enjoy a chilled weekend away.

It's about a 20 minute walk to the nearest train station (Holywood), which takes you directly into the city centre however in the village itself there are plenty of boutiques, bars and cafes to enjoy. You can also book a taxi to take you into town which will take around 10-15 minutes and the nearest airport is Belfast City which is less than 10 minutes by car.

When I told friends I was staying in the hotel, they told me how wonderful it was, and how they even do a Titanic themed menu, which is supposed to be the last meal the wealthy people ate on the Titanic before it sank. Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to try it as I was in Belfast for a BBQ, but according to friends who had tasted the menu, they said it was wonderful!

I did however, try breakfast in the hotel which was delicious. Someone recommended the cold porridge with raspberry puree, which I can imagine to some sounds a little odd eating cold porridge but I can say with all honesty... IT WAS THE BEST PORRIDGE I HAVE EATEN IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! I urge everyone who stays at Rayanne House to try it.

My whole experience at the hotel was just lovely and I was sad I couldn't have spent more time there to enjoy it and relax in its lovely surroundings. I'll definitely visit again as it was one of the best hotels I've stayed in... Just make sure there's porridge on my arrival!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Betsey23
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Organised a family dinner on Friday 2nd August for 14 people. The planning could not have been easier and the whole night was perfect from the Champagne Reception to the table setting to the service and the food. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening and were all full of praise for the location setting service and food. Well done to all concerned.

Room Tip: Perfect place for a private dinner
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cowdenbeath
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Lovely room, first class service...and oh the breakfast!!! What a choice, and what good food...this should not be missed...worth a major detour on any visit to Ireland, or even a special visit, or indeed several

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeCowdenbeath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywood
Culloden Estate & Spa
Merchant Hotel
Merchant Hotel
#2 of 43 in Belfast
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,416 reviews

Been to Rayanne House? Share your experiences!